Chapter 35

"Something is wrong with me," Robin blurted out as soon as Arthur opened the door to his room. Arthur looked haggard, as if he hadn't slept in a million years which was to be expected, with preparation of the war on full force the Thrall brothers hardly had any time to rest. Victor had been nothing better. He came home every night for the last month ready to pass out.

"What is wrong?" Arthur asked, sounding uninterested.

"I feel like I am in heat."

Arthur had seen Robin two weeks ago. Robin was alright that time. He had been feeling pretty good. No nausea, or other symptoms that usually came with pregnancy. He couldn't say the same anymore. He had been feeling awful for the whole day, waiting for Arthur to come home so he could ask him what was wrong.

"Give me your hand," Arthur said, checking his pulse, pulled the skin under his eyes down to check his eyes, and asked him to stick his tongue out to check his tongue as well. "It's false heat. It happens to some omegas. It will subside in a day."

"Is there any medicine I can take?" Robin asked as his stomach cramped hard.

"No. No medicine during pregnancy."

Robin sighed with disappointment. "Okay. Thank you."

Arthur nodded before closing the door in his face.

Robin went back to his room, trying to distract himself from the discomfort by reading when someone knocked on his door. Robin opened the door to find Rody standing outside.

"The first batch of soldiers has hit the Marcella palace," Rody informed.

Robin felt a weird ache in his heart. He knew this was going to happen but he wasn't prepared for the guilt to hit him so hard.

"What about Victor? When is he leaving."

"He will leave at dawn tomorrow."

Robin nodded.

"There is something else," Rody added.

Robin waited for him to continue.

"Lawrence wants you to accompany the third batch. The day after tomorrow."

"Did Victor agree to it?" Robin asked.

Rody shook his head. "We have decided not to tell him until you are halfway on your journey."

"I will be glad to accompany you guys but I don't think it is smart to piss off Victor. He is volatile when it comes to me and this baby," Robin said, caressing his tummy.

"I know. But I agree with Lawrence. Your presence will ensure we get support from Marcella troops appointed at Tombark. We don't want them to attack us while we are preparing to send out soldiers to Marcella Palace."

Robin didn't know how to feel about this. He felt obliged to listen to Lawrence's plan; however, he didn't want to start another fight with Victor. A small part of Robin reminded him of what he had said in his speech. He had promised his people freedom even if that meant his death. He shouldn't stay back in the safety of his room when his help could mean victory or loss for Dhasur. He had to think beyond his interest.

"Tell Lawrence I will be ready."

Rody gave him a curt nod before turning around and leaving.

Victor didn't come home that night which wasn't shocking considering he was about to leave at dawn. Rody kept Robin updated on the news on the progress of the war.

King Marcella might not have been prepared for the attack, but he was still making it difficult for Dhasur. With Marcella's high-tech weaponry, it was going to be difficult for Dhasur to compete with them.