Craving Him

Sam's earliest memory of seeing Rick was at six years old. Rick was playing basketball with the older kids and Sam was sitting in the Kid's area with the toddlers. He remembered the exact moment his eyes landed on Rick. He was wearing a blue t-shirt with a wolf head printed on it, khaki shorts, and white sneakers. He had a big smile on his face. Sam wanted to leave his holding place and play with him but his mothers had warned him about leaving the enclosed area. He knew the consequences of defying his mother. He still had welts from the last time his mother used her belt on him.

Savasci was a tight-knit werewolf pack. Rick belonged to the Alpha family, the family of the leaders. His father was the pack leader and his eldest brother was in line to become the next Alpha. In theory, Sam lived in the same community as Rick yet they were worlds apart. Sam belonged to a poor beta family. Where Rick's father was the Alpha Sam didn't even know who his father was. His mother never bothered to tell him. He would have pitied his mother for being a single parent if she hadn't tried to kill him on multiple occasions. Thanks to pack elders he had survived but all his life he fought a battle of survival.

Rick and Sam went to the same school but Rick was much older than him. When Sam was in first grade Rick was in high school. There was no reason for him to give Sam much heed. That didn't matter though. Being in the same vicinity as Rick made Sam happy. He loved looking at Rick, hearing his voice, smelling his scent. Even as a youngling he felt a tug towards Rick that he couldn't explain. Rick was charming, sure but he was a scary Alpha. Muscular, gruff, intense. Normal humans would find him scary.

 Normal humans would find him scary

See comment for link