MO | FORTY FOUR

KHIONE'S POV

I don't know what they were discussing earlier, but when Lowe and her mother returned to our table, Mrs. Dallas seemed to have changed into someone else.

"Where's Maddox and Maddie? Aren't they gonna join us?" Lowe asked.

"Your brother's still at work, Maddie have recital class today at her school." Her mom answered.

"What were you doing up there earlier?" Biglaang sambit ng ama ni Lowe.

"She slipped because of Forest and Brit. I ran after her, that's it." Maikling saad ni Lowe.

So that's their name? According to Lowe, those two cats are his older brother's pets. Kinuha lang ang pangalan sa uri ng mga pusa, Forest is a Norwegian Forest cat and Brit is a Brittish Shorthair cat.

"Fuck!" Lowe suddenly exclaimed when a spoon landed on his head. "What was that for?!" Asik nito sa ama.

"Language!" Agad na suway ng ina.

"Then why was she pinned to the bed?!"

"She's what?!" Napatayong ani ng ina.

"I told you! She slipped dahil sa gulat. I was about to help her nung lumingkis si Forest sa paa ko, iniwasan ko kaya ako bumagsak.. sa ibabaw ni Khione." Pagiwas nito na may namumulang tenga.

Third Person POV

"That's complete bullshit. If I were you, I wouldn't believe that child." Pagdating ng isang lalaki na hindi nalalayo sa mukha ni Morpheus.

Mas mature ang itsura nito dahil sa suot nitong formal suit, tie and business shirt.

"You're not helping at all." Asik ni Morpheus.

As they began to eat, the discussion about Khione and Morpheus continued.

Bigla na lamang nagsalita si Maddox. "Hey, if ever, don't be offended by my mom. She's just trying to test you."

Nagtatakang napatingin sa kaniya si Khione.

"Maddox!" Pananaway ng ina na tinawanan lamang ng panganay na anak.

"What do you mean?" Tanong ni Khione.

Maddox wiped his mouth before speaking. "I was about to leave when I heard mom squealed downstairs. She back galing sa paghatid kay Maddie sa school when she dramatically arrived at home."

"Really?" Lowe asked.

"Do I look like I'm joking little brother? The first thing she said was.. My Morpheus is dating a girl?" Paggaya nito sa ina.

"What the heck was that? Was I supposed to date a boy?" Inis na saad ng binata. "And I said we're having dinner, why are you guys treating this as an emergency family meeting?"

"Shut up, son." Saad ng nanay nito. "Wait, let me talk first." Para bang hindi makahinga at pinapaypayan pa ang sarili. "It's definitely a girl!" Sabay pagturo nito sa akin.

Nagtataka si Khione sa biglang pagbabago ng ina ni Morpheus. Kanina kasi ay mukha itong masungit at seryoso pagdating pagdating sa kaniya. Para bang ayaw pa siya nitong kausapin.

"Of course she is, hon." Pagngiwi ni Mr. Dallas.

'Wait, it does feel like a crime to be surrounded by his family at the moment.' Khione said to herself.