40

"you guys ready?" chan asked as they were about to walk out on stage.

"y-yeah.." minho mumbled, feeling his nerves get to him.

"let's go." hyunjin said, walking out into stage.

fuck everything. fuck my trauma. fuck younghyun. what i said to jisung applies to me too right? it's time to accept that it happened so i can move on from it. so i can be with jisung. fuck it.

the concert progressed as usual, except minho was nervous this time. except as the concert neared it's end, he grew more and more anxious. finally, they'd just finished performing slump. it's now.

"uhm so i have a special cover." minho spoke gently. "this is a song for someone who's very special to me. someone who deserves better. someone who i love with my whole heart."

the crowd erupted into cheers, a small smile on minhos face as he turned around, grabbing his mic.

"this is my cover of 'it's u' by cavetown. han jisung, it's u." minho smiled.

chan and hyunjin began playing as minho approached the drums. his voice soft as he looked into jisungs eyes.

I guess it's just another one of those nights
When I'll spend way too much time
On something so small that no one really cares about at all
I guess it's just another one of those thoughts
And I can't really find a cause
Whether it's all just in my mind or something more here in my life
It's U, it's U
Oh god, it's U
It's U
If you're awake then I am too
If you're lost then I'll find you
If you're hurt then I'll fix you
If you go blind I'll describe the view
If you can't feel then I'll hold you
If you fall know I've got you
And if you fall down too far and I can't see you through these marks
And your eyes are covered in scars, and my head's filling with tar
Don't worry we'll find another way out
Your silhouette doesn't look quite right
And I can never find the time
To bury my hands in words
I'd grow a new kind of evergreen tree, just for you and me
On second thoughts, will you even remember me?
But it's always been U (It's always been U)
It's always been U (It's always been U)
It's always been U
Is it me for U?

"is it me for u?" minho asked as the song ended.

"yes." jisung stood up, walking around to throw his arms around minho.

"han jisung, will you be my boyfriend?" minho pulled away from the hug, looking into jisungs eyes.

"yes, i'd love to." jisung smiled.

"can i kiss you?" minho asked gently.

jisung smiled, pulling him close and connecting their lips. their lips moved softly against each other's, minho smiling into the kiss. jisung pulled away, a big smile on his face.

"i'd like our fans to meet my boyfriend, han jisung." minho smiled, intertwining their fingers. they listened to the screams and cheers, their smiles never dying.

"thank you everyone, we are stray kids! we hope to see you all next time!" chan announced, leading the four off stage.

they were met with more screaming and freaking out as minho and jisung walked back with their fingers intertwined.

"OH MY GOD? ITS FINALLY OFFICIAL!" felix screamed.

"congratulations, im so proud of you guys and so happy for you." chan smiled as jeongin wrapped his arms around his waist.

"thanks dad." jisung laughed.

"jisung!" his father shouted, runnning back stage with a bouquet.

"dad?"

"hear me out. no need for privacy because everyone deserves to know i've done wrong." he panted.

"okay." jisung nodded.

"im sorry. i had a very different mindset which actually changed...when i met someone. but i was wrong. i was very wrong. i should've never yelled at you, hit you, or left you with shinsoo. im an awful human being.

"i can never take back what i've done nor can i make up for it. i don't expect forgiveness. but i am apologizing, sincerely. i am genuinely so sorry for what i've done. i have been working on myself, trying to improve. the sight of what your mother was doing to you still haunts me but even more? the fact that i abandoned you with her. our divorce finalized last night.

"i'm trying to be better for you. i know i'm probably too late but i really am sorry." he sighed.

"...who did you meet?" jisung asked.

"i, han insu, fell in love with choi minjun. it took me a while to realize what i reflected into you was internalized homophobia. and i am so sorry. i'd like you too meet him sometime, maybe, if you'd like." he said shyly.

"sure. but i also need to see that you've actually changed." jisung nodded.

"thank you. thank you so much jisung." his father pulled him into a hug and he felt his tears soaking his shirt.

"dad!" jisung laughed.

"can i take you out to lunch tomorrow so you can meet minjun? you can bring minho if you'd like." he smiled.

"sure. that'd be great." jisung smiled.

"congratulations by the way. i'm so happy for you too. but more importantly, i'm proud of you for staying true to who you are." he smiled.

"here come the water works." jisung said, fanning his eyes.

"i've gotta go meet minjun now. i'll see you tomorrow." he said gently, handing jisung the bouquet of flowers.

"thanks dad."

"you guys all ready?" jessica asked.

"let's go mom." chan smiled.

a/n: i'm sobbing rn i love this book so much but dw, it's not over 😇🫶