68

Kit ran down an alley after negan and the two men he was with, one bleeding steadily after the wreck kit had caused. They ducked inside a brick building, slamming the metal door closed behind them and locking it. Kit tried the handle and then banged her hand on the door in anger, a smear of blood left behind from the reopened wound on her hand. 

" Open the door!" she yelled, ignoring how it bothered her increasing headache.

"Hell no." negans muffled voice heaved from inside, trying to catch his breath. "Baby, no offense, but you are fucking crazy; I ain't even got my shit'n pants on; I ain't trying to play with you."

"then you shouldn't have killed Theodore," she clenched her jaw, leaning her head on the door. "do not make me huff and puff and blow this fucking door down. so be a dear and let me in, little pigs." she sang, mocking him

"damn. You stealing my lines now? That is cold." he replied; she could hear the shuffling on the other side of the door getting more distant, meaning they were leaving. She stepped back, looking up at the brick building for a way in. her eyes focusing on the window above the door, then to the stacks of milk crates near the dumpster only a couple of feet away.

Ricks POV:

He sat at Deanna's desk, rubbing his temples as he stared down at his notes of hopes for the future and polaroids of the aftermath of everything, reminders for the future generations. He had to get away from the swarm of solemn faces, one, in particular, being Aarons, who had just lost his husband. And a baby girl named Gracie, who he accidentally made an orphan. Not to mention Kit and negan were still missing almost twelve hours now. Some of the kingdom and hilltop had still yet to leave as they were assisting in search parties being sent out in search of the two. Daryl and Merle still hadn't come home; they had been out looking since they discovered they weren't at the sanctuary.  He sighed, sitting back in the chair and looking around at the now-abandoned house since spencers passing. A file box with the word future written on the side caught his eye. he pulled the first roll of blue paper out of the box and unrolled it. On the top was the name Reg Monroe, and below were blueprints to make a windmill. Rick looked up in disbelief, then back to the box where several other rolled-up blueprints lay. he knew reg and Deanna had hopes for Alexandria but didn't realize they were so thought out; although it shouldn't have surprised him, Reg was, of course, an architect.

Kits POV: 

she sat on the floor of a small office space, leaning against the wall as walkers banged on the door trying to get in.

"you know we wouldn't be in this mess if you just calmed the hell down." negan said from the other room, sitting against the same thin conjoining wall.

"it was your guy who decided to just go opening doors," kit brushed off

"can you blame a guy for trying to get away from a crazy lady hell-bent on killing people?" he snorted

"shouldn't have been weak."

"People are weak wild cat."

"you're weak. killing the innocent." kit scoffed

"right and goddamn wrong. I'm weak, but me killing the innocent? that ain't why wild cat."

"then how are you, weak Negan? let me guess something to do with your egotistical need for power and your uncontrolled lust?"

negan snorted from the other side " you see, the thing is I'm not just weak, I am also strong. Everyone is a mix. You are no exception to that, sweetheart. You can use your weaknesses to drive your strength, and obviously, I am strong as shit. I took sanctuary, and let me tell you, that place was a damn free-for-all, a loose confederation of assholes, an army made up of gangs of animals, and I brought it all together. The last guy that was in charge, he wasn't in charge of shit. He allowed people to be weak. I don't. I make them strong, which makes this world strong." kit snorted " see, ever since our boy went on a rant about just how badass of a mama bear you could be and how I made a big ass mistake, I made you my new special little project. See, I recognize that little glint of sparkle in your eye cause I've seen it in the mirror. you're bloodthirsty but also uncontrolled, which makes you weak wild cat."