15

Maya POV

I woke up to loud bangs on my door. Someone was trying to break into my dorm!

Sirius Back

"Maya open up. There is no way I am going to let you spend the weekend locked up in your dorm." Jeremy yelled at the top of his voice.

What the fuck!

"Open the bloody door before I destroy it. I know you are in there."

I pulled my comforter over my head and tried to go back to sleep.

"We found our new seeker!"

What!

"Who is it?" I yelled back.

"Open the door and I will tell you."

The suspense would kill me. "Aggggaaaahhhhh" I left the comfort of my bed, headed for the door, and unbolted it.

Jeremy walked in. I caught a deep frown on his face, perhaps of concern. Without saying another word he pulled me into a much-needed hug and I rested my face on his shoulder.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Jeremy questioned.

"How did you know?"

"Weasley and Bell... they ... they" Jeremy struggled to find the right words. "Let's just say they made it fairly obvious."

A tear trickled down my cheek. I had not left my dorm for over 30 hours and missed the Hogsmeade shopping excursion I had planned this morning, yet George failed to realize that something was amiss. Not once did he come to check on me, it was clear that I had been eliminated from his list of priorities. The love of my life had slipped away but now it seemed like I was on the cusp of losing my best friend too. I was not sure which hurt more.

"I promise you, Maya, the pain will subside. Within a week you will learn to live with it. Within a month you would have accepted it. Within a quarter you will find someone better and within the year you will learn to love again. I promise." Jeremy whispered.

His words soothed me and his embrace made me feel secure.

"Who is our new seeker? Is he any good?" I needed a distraction from George Weasley.

Jeremey pulled me off his shoulder and looked straight into my eyes. His lips curled upwards in a tiny smile and his blue eyes sparked with excitement. "It's a girl. Cho Chang, from the third year. Turns out that she has a terrific eye for shiny objects. She could spot the snitch from a distance of fifty feet. Her flying skills aren't too shabby either."

"Finally another girl on the team! She sounds promising. " I felt a glimmer of hope, and for the first time in 30 hours, a small smile spread across my face.

"The team is celebrating tonight. We are heading to Pulser's pub and you are coming with me" Jeremy declared. "There will be no dearth of booze and boys tonight." He winked.

I had no energy to argue with him. I headed to my wardrobe and pulled out a pair of shorts and a comfy tee to pair it with.

"There is no way you are coming in shorts. I will pick something more scandalous for you. You girl, need to clean up. When was the last time you bathed?"

"I will meet you in the common room in 45 minutes," I said heading for a shower.

Jeremy rummaged my wardrobe "I am not going anywhere because I don't trust you one bit. I am waiting here."

"Fine!"

I winced at my reflection in the mirror. My curls were unruly, my eyes blood red, and my face paler than a ghost.