54

Maya POV

I walked across the ground ,and there he was...

"You won't believe what happened in class today. Fred Weasley asked me to stay away from George. He threatened to inform Mrs. Weasley of my antics. George isn't speaking to me anyway, so it's not like I need to put in any effort to stay away from him. I envy you beaky, I wish I was the one sentenced to die." I combed my fingers through his soft feathers as he nuzzled his beak into my neck.

"Well, that's not all, yesterday I caught Adrian kissing a Slytherin during potions." Beaky lifted his face to make eye contact with me. It was almost as if he understood what I was saying.

"I stood there and watched them. The sooner I accept it the better it will be for me right? O.W.L.S are knocking at my door. I didn't cry one bit.... Okay fine, don't look at me in that manner. I cried a little..... FINE! I blew up my cauldron and got kicked out of class after which I wept in the washroom. It ripped my heart to see his tongue stuck down her throat."

I shook the image out of my head. "I wish Ravenclaw had got to the Quidditch finals. At least it would have distracted me from all the drama. With the finals days away the tension in the castle is on the rise. The Slytherins are trying to injure Harry Potter. He has to be escorted around the castle at all times. Even Sirius Black wouldn't dare come near him with all the protection. And Guess what! The Weasleys hate me! Percy looks straight through me like I am bloody invisible, Fred is working round the clock to make sure George's path doesn't cross mine, and don't even get me started on Ron. He yells profanities each time he sees me. Ginny hit me with the Bat-Bogey Hex. Three times! Till now. I don't even have the heart to even defend myself. I probably deserve it, don't I?" I questioned the bird.

With one wide turn of his neck, Beaky pushed my body onto the floor. He then tickled me with his beak till I began to tear up. "Had I known that Adrian and I were destined to break up, I would have got you at least a dozen more koi fish from his fountains. They were scrumptious weren't they?" A sad smile lined my lips. "Next time Ron yells profanities at me, I swear I will feed you that ugly rat of his!"

"Yeh should date the Weasley twin. Will free up some time for me. I am tired of chasing those ruddy boys around. Keep him occupied, if yeh know what I mean." Hagrid wriggled his eyebrows at me.

"It's rude to eavesdrop!" I informed Hagrid. "If education wasn't so damn important I would have eloped with you Beaky. Bye Beaky, I will be back soon." I got up to head back to the castle.

"Yeh keep your paws off her!" Hagrid warned the bird as I left.

Spending time with Beaky made me happy but I was starving. I made my way to the kitchens. Dobby had promised me lamb shank for dinner and my mouth watered thinking about it.

A group of Slytherins loitered in the corridors carrying large tumblers filled with Butterbeer.

"You might want to hide those tumblers," I warned them. Butterbeer was not permitted on the school grounds.

"Or what, slut?" One of the boys snapped at me. "She is the one whoring away behind Adrian's back," He went on to introduce me to the rest of his gang.

"What did Adrian see in her?" A petit blond questioned while the others ran their eyes up and down my frame.

I took a few deep breaths before pulling out my wand. "I was also the one who broke eighteen of your captain's bones. With five skeletal systems at my disposal, I bet I could beat my previous record. Stupi..." Terrified, the kids ran in every possible direction. One boy rammed himself into a stone wall and fell unconscious.

"Oi blonde! I need you to take that one to the infirmary!" I ordered the tiny blond girl before confiscating all five tumblers of butterbeer and heading back to the Ravenclaw tower. The moment I reached my dorm I locked the door behind me and muttered the silencing charm. I then screamed my lungs out. The walls of my dorm echoed my screams till I lost my voice. Later that night I emptied the five tumblers of Butterbeer into my mouth.