44

Maya POV

"Why the fuck does he have to move into your dorm? Aren't the dungeons comfortable enough for that insufferable little brat?" George Weasley yelled. I found myself engaged in a screaming competition with my best friend. The cold walls of the Astronomy tower echoed our poisonous words.

"It just feels like the next logical step for our relationship. We both are busy individuals." I tried to reason with him.

"Guess what! I am busy too! I don't remember you asking me to move in with you!"

Is this man for real?

"Merlin! This is so basic Weasley! HE IS MY BOYFRIEND! AND YOU ARE NOT!" I yelled back losing patience.

"THEN MAKE ME YOUR BOYFRIEND! We don't need that Slytherin psycho in our life."

"I thought you were fine with me dating Adrian! We have gone over this a million times. Please don't start again. I don't have time for this." I said frustrated.

"Yes, I was fine till I saw his clothes in your wardrobe. They do not belong there. Go have all the fun you want, fuck him, fuck a bloody hippogriff and I could care less. But at the end of the day, it should be you and me. Just you and me. That's all I am asking for."

"DO YOU HEAR YOURSELF, WEASLEY? Where was this feeling when you dated Katie? You didn't step into my dorm for months. You rotten hypocrite." I said enraged.

"WHAT IS WITH YOU WOMAN? I told you Katie was a bloody mistake, the time I spent away from you was a mistake. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE YOU ALL ALONG."

"HOW VERY CONVENIENT FOR YOU TO REALIZE IT THE MOMENT I FIND MY PERSON. YOU ARE JUST PARANOID TO LOSE ME, WHICH I HAVE TOLD YOU FUCKING TRILLION TIMES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. SO PLEASE.." Before I could complete he cut in.

"THEN WHY DO I FEEL WITH EACH PASSING DAY THAT YOU ARE MOVING FARTHER AWAY FROM ME? For instance, I overheard him telling Liz about getting a matching tattoo like yours. I didn't even know you HAD A TATTOO! And when did apple tart become your new favorite dessert? Don't you deny it! I saw PIG FACE head back to your dorm with a large stack of apple tarts last night after dinner. Don't even get me started on your clothes! You felt fashion was a waste of time. Now your clothes are perfectly matched, you follow the latest trends and you freaking even accessorize! Don't get me wrong you look pretty but I don't understand it. I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU."

"My opinion on fashion has changed. Adrian is always so well-dressed, it motivates me to improve. I assure you the depth of our friendship does not depend on the color of my skirt. "I mocked.

"So you feel insecure in your relationship. What about the tattoo? Another insecurity to fit in with the Slytherins?"

"I AM NOT INSECURE! AND I GOT THE TATTOO LAST SUMMER. It has nothing to do with Pucey. I didn't tell you about it because...because I knew you would pester me to show it to you. It's something I can't do." I could feel the color rise in my cheeks.

"Pucey gets to see it and I don't! This is atrocious." He declared before realization dawned upon him. "Oh, where is it?" He asked with a frown. I kept mum and he didn't me push any further.

"And your sudden affliction to apple tart?"

"Er... " I tried to come up with a lie I could sell.

"Your tastes have changed too?" He snarled and I lost my cool.

"NO! When you used to visit my dorm you always left back half-eaten apple tarts and the aroma lingered. I missed the smell so I asked Adrian to get me a few...err...  tarts..." I trailed off and looked away from the invasive looks the ginger was giving me.