bagels and donuts

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

sapnap held onto the bannister as he made his way down the stairs, ensuring he didn't fall as his attention was focused on his phone, laughing quietly at a tiktok dream had sent him after he'd gone to bed the night before. the ravenette rounded into the kitchen, looking up from his phone with a smile as his mom passed him a saran-wrapped bagel.

"good morning," she smiled, squeezing his hand as he took the food before retreating back to the island where she'd been sitting before hearing him make his way downstairs. "how did you sleep?"

"okayish," sapnap answered vaguely, smiling comfortingly at the flash of worry that creased her brow, "how about you?"

"i haven't slept yet," holly laughed, tapping her phone on to check the time, "i only got back from my shift a few hours ago." sapnap grimaced at the thought of having to work for so long, so late. "speaking of which," she started, turning to look back at the ravenette, "i'm on another night today, so would you be able to empty and re-fill the dishwasher and feed the rabbits?"

"yeah, that's fine," he nodded, smiling reassuringly as he picked up his bag.

"if you don't go to dream's then there are leftovers in the fridge you can have for dinner," she offered, hand waving vaguely in that direction as she turned back to the book she had open on the counter.

"i'm going to dream's," sapnap replied easily, slipping his feet into his shoes.

"thought you would be," she laughed, fondly shaking her head, "you two are inseparable."

sapnap scoffed quietly, rolling his eyes and holding back a smile, "we're not inseparable," he argued, pulling open the front door.

"okay, sure you aren't," she mumbled, looking back up at him with one last smile, "have a good day at school, hun."

"i'll try," he replied jokily, stepping out of the house and calling back a quick, "love you, sleep well," before pulling the door shut and making his way down the drive to his car. the summer heat made his car almost unbearable to sit in, and he didn't hesitate to turn the engine on and crack up the aircon before sending dream a quick message to let him know he's waiting.

sapnap unwrapped his bagel, leaning back against his car seat and peacefully eating away, enjoying the cool breeze of air against his cheek as he tilted his head to look towards dream's house.

the front door opened and, like usual, the first person out was dream's step-brother, who looked over to sapnap's car with a smile, waving energetically. sapnap waved back, watching as the brunette walked down the front garden and got into the car that was pulled up outside their house. sapnap knew from routine that the car was one of dream's brother's friends.

no more than thirty seconds later, dream made his way out the house, turning back to lock the front door before making his way to sapnap's car with an energetic grin. he climbed into the passenger's seat, leaning across the centre console. sapnap held up a finger as dream went to kiss him, gesturing to his mouthful of food.

dream laughed, sitting back into his seat as he waited, watching the ravenette until he swallowed. the blond leant forward again, giving his boyfriend a quick peck, "morning."