international house of pancakes

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

sapnap wakes up with a ringing headache.

he rolls over and leans up, squinting through the darkness to see karl, quackity, and punz, all sprawled out on air mattresses on the floor. the night before comes back to him and he winces in embarrassment. "there's advil next to you," karl's soft voice cuts through the silence, and sapnap hadn't even noticed the brunette was awake.

"thanks," sapnap mutters quietly, taking both tablets with a gulp of cool water before properly sitting up. "you shouldn't have let me sleep up here. you should've woken me up," he says, voice hushed as the others sleep, "or, like, at least shared."

"me and q had already set up our beds," karl dismissed, "and punz didn't wanna sleep next to you because he didn't know if you were okay with it," he explains.

"oh, i wouldn't have minded if any of you did."

"i'll keep that in mind for next time," karl nods, and sapnap raises a surprised brow- next time? "we're getting ihop for breakfast, do you wanna come with me to drive and get it?"

"i would, but dream and george will wonder where i am," sapnap frowns.

"just text them and say you're getting food with me," karl suggests, "dream won't mind."

"yeah, all right then," sapnap smiles.

"do you want to go now?" karl asks, already moving to stand up.

sapnap looks down at quackity and punz. "don't you need to wait for the others to wake up?" he asked, nodding down at the pair.

"nah, i know what they would order," karl dismisses, and sapnap can't help but feel like that's sweet- not a lot of people would remember their friends' breakfast orders. he gets out of the bed, following karl out of the room. he has bought spare clothes, but sweatpants and a t-shirt were plenty fine for a quick ihop drive. plus, karl was still wearing pyjama pants too.

sapnap and karl talk casually on the drive, neither boy mentioning the night before.

when karl gets back in the car, he briefly checks to make sure everything they ordered is in the bag, "you ordered the oreo one, yeah?"

"yeah, i did," sapnap nodded, taking the bag and putting it on the floor in front of him as karl handed it to him.

"okay, everything's there."

"what did you get?" sapnap asked casually, not wanting to sound too protective.

"french toast and strawberry milkshake," he answers, focused on reversing out of the parking lot.

sapnap hummed, looking down as his phone buzzed in his lap. it was a response from dream, reading, 'alright hun, did u sleep on the couch? sorry we didn't put up the air beds before falling asleep x'