proposal by the pond

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

karl groans as his phone rings beside him, dropping his comic onto his bed to pick up the small device. he sighed at the caller id, answering and switching it onto speaker, "what?"

"get outside right now, idiot," quackity ordered, beeping his horn, "we're going to the skatepark."

"who is 'we'?" karl asked, getting out of bed and dropping his phone down on his desk before pulling his closet doors open.

"hi karl!" he heard punz say excitedly.

karl's eyes widened, looking back at his phone as he pulled on a clean hoodie, "quackity are we...?"

"yes," quackity answered, "now hurry up."

despite his excitement, karl rolled his eyes as he picked up his shoes, sitting back on the bed to pull them on. "are we what?" punz asked, confused by the strange gap in the question.

"are we meeting sapnap?" karl covered, already knowing what the answer would be.

"yeah, he's meeting us there a bit later," punz answered, "has to finish dinner first."

karl smiled, proud of quackity for timing it so well, "okay, sounds good. i'll be out in a moment," he said, ending the call and making his way downstairs and out the house. the brunette practically ran up to the car, smiling thankfully as punz moved from the passenger's seat to the back so karl could have his usual spot. he looks over at quackity and they share a giddy smile, unseen by the blond in the back.

the drive to the skatepark takes them just over five minutes, and punz's phone buzzes as they all clamber out of the car.

"sap says he is leaving in a few minutes," he reads, looking up at the pair with a small laugh, "we could've just waited for him."

"no," quackity shook his head, "because i'm not a simp."

"yeah, but punz wouldn't get that," karl smirked as he ran up the ramp, sitting down at the top. the other two boys followed him up.

"i'm not a simp," punz argued with a glare, sitting down and crossing his arms over his chest.

"shut up. have you kissed him yet?"

punz's eyes flew open at karl's straightforward question. he had not expected the conversation to take such an abrupt turn. he cleared his throat, attempting to dismiss his surprised expression, "i don't see why you-"

"so that's a yes," quackity grinned, karl bouncing excitedly beside him.

"tell us about it!" karl exclaimed.

punz flushed over with a blush, embarrassed to be talking about this like he was some pre-teen girl, "it really wasn't a big deal..." he tried to dismiss, earning nothing but unimpressed glares from the others. he sighed, holding back a smile, "it was at hannah's."

"i fucking knew it!" karl shouted, hitting quackity's arm, "didn't i fucking say it happened at hannah's!" quackity quickly nodded in confirmation. "okay sorry, continue."