he's not in a good place

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

"this has been the most pointless school day ever," sapnap complained, leaning back against their tree.

"agreed," quackity mumbled, "if i'd known we'd be spending our classes learning about sex ed and health and stress and the future and shit, then i wouldn't have come in," he sighed.

"apparently tomorrow is gonna be the same," punz said, karl nodding along, "our tutor told us in homeroom."

"fuck that, there's no way i'm coming in," quackity spat, the others all agreeing.

"why don't we just skip the rest of the afternoon?" punz suggests, sitting up from where he'd been laying on the grass. "we can just go back to someone's house."

"we can go chill at my pool?" karl offers with a smile, earning some excited responses.

"if we're going we should go now," quackity points out, "it's easier during lunch cause everyone's walking around."

"yeah, good point," punz nods, getting up, "alyssa's with tom again today so i can stay till whenever," he grins.

sapnap gets off of the bench, karl following.

the brunette stumbles when he gets up, his knees going weak. he holds onto sapnap's arm to stabilise himself. the younger boy notices karl's wide, unfocused eyes. "jesus," he mutters, "i stood up too fast." sapnap squints suspiciously.

they arrive back at karl's house, stopping at quackity and punz's so both boys can get swimming trunks. sapnap makes his way carefully into dream's room to see if any of his swimming stuff is still there.

he notices that none of the pictures of him are up anymore, and the one on his desk has been replaced with a polaroid of george. sapnap tries not to let it bother him. he pulls open dream's bottom drawer, looking through it but being careful to make it unnoticeable.

his stuff is gone, and the ravenette wonders if dream just moved it elsewhere or threw it all away. he decides on the latter- why would he have kept it?

letting curiosity get the best of him, he pushes open dream's bathroom door, peeking in.

the spot on the wall where six-year-old sapnap's painting used to sit is left completely bare, nothing but a stray nail hammered into the tiles. the ravenette wonders if dream kept any proof of him at all.

"sapnap?" he hears punz call. the blond pushes open the bedroom door to see him standing by the bathroom doorway, "did you find any...?" he trails off, noticing how the younger boy stays staring at the wall. "are you okay?"

sapnap tears his gaze from the tiles, shutting the door as he stepped back into the bedroom. "they aren't here," he shrugs, ignoring the second question completely, "i'll just go home and grab some." he goes to pass punz and leave the room, being stopped when the blond grabs his arm. sapnap turns to him with a confused expression.

punz squeezes his grip on the shorter boy's arm before frowning, "you know you can talk to me, right?"

sapnap nods, forcing a smile, "yep, i know," he chirps, turning to leave the room before punz would see the tears pooling in his eyes. "be right back!" the ravenette makes his way quickly out the house, crossing over to his own.