embarrassment

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

sapnap started the day by making karl a small, easy to eat, lunch- remembering what quackity had said. he messaged dream to ask if he needs a lift to which the blond just replied, 'nope. already gone.' sapnap just replies with a heart before opening his messages with karl. the brunette had offered him another lift so, again, he accepts- for the second day, punz isn't there.

when they arrive at school, sapnap gives karl the lunch. and then during homeroom, sapnap asks if quackity will try to make sure karl eats it- the shorter boy obviously agrees.

lunch rolls around, and sapnap makes his way out to the backfield.

there are no words to describe how sapnap feels when he sees the bleachers- he imagines this is what being stabbed feels like. up at their usual spot, sit dream and george. they're just laughing- engaging in casual, friendly conversation and giggling away together. but it is the first time that the situation actually hits him- he isn't just losing his boyfriend, he really is losing both his best friends too.

it's like they don't even realise he isn't there.

the ravenette makes his way back into the school, biting back his embarrassment as he messages karl, asking the brunette if he can sit with them again. the response is almost immediate.

'ofc u can :) we were waiting for u lol, we thought u were coming anyway'

he smiles briefly at how kind they were before making his way back through the school.

the ravenette feels like everyone around him is laughing, and he slaps his hand quickly against his thigh to try and channel some energy as he walks.

his heart is throbbing, painfully.

sapnap makes his way over to where the trio are sat, in the same positions as the day before, and smiles weakly.

"hey sap," punz greets, laying back on the grass to look up at the ravenette, "how are you doing?"

sapnap's stomach plummets. the question snaps the cord inside him, and his smile trembles as tears slip free of his eyes. his shaky hands move automatically to hold himself.

"oh fuck," punz mutters, sitting up as he looks up at the ravenette.

karl gets up, quickly walking over and pulling the crying boy into a death-grip hug. "you're okay," he mumbles, pushing the ravenette's head into his shoulder and carding his fingers through his hair, "i'm so sorry."

sapnap shakes his head against karl's shoulder, hiccupping through his tears. if he wasn't embarrassed enough before, he certainly is now. karl stays holding onto the younger boy as he walks him over to the bench, guiding them both to sit down and not once letting go.

they shift slightly when they are sat, so that sapnap is curled by karl's side, crying against the brunette's chest while karl rests his chin on top of sapnap's hair, muttering quiet reassurances. he can't see anything, but sapnap hears someone moving around before another body is hugging him from the other side, followed by a third person resting a comforting hand on his knee.