monday blues

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

monday mornings were always sapnap's least favourite- though he was sure that was an internationally agreed on opinion. the ravenette's sleep was never good, but it was always worse on weekends, and yesterday he'd only went to bed three hours before having to wake up for school.

dream doesn't give him a kiss when he gets in the car- which just makes matters worse.

and then, when the blond connects to the aux, sapnap isn't familiar with any of the songs. meaning it isn't their playlist.

it's probably the playlist george sent him, sapnap thinks spitefully, before catching his thoughts and shaking them off, backtracking- george is their friend, sapnap isn't jealous. he isn't sure why his mind went off like that, but he ignores it.

sapnap comes back to the moment he is living in when george gets into the car. the ravenette watches as dream turns back to look at the brit with a happy smile. he hardly recognises the glimmer in his boyfriend's eyes, and when he looks in the front mirror, he sees george is supporting the same unfamiliar spark.

they drive to school, and sapnap falls silent as the other two talk.

they arrive at school, and sapnap breaks off from the pair to go to homeroom.

it wasn't all bad, though. this was the only day in sapnap's timetable where he had double sport. which would usually be a bad thing, but it's also the only lesson he has with dream, and the pair always spend it messing around- so he actually enjoys it.

when sapnap gets to the changing room, he makes his way to where he can see dream and george stood, walking past where punz and quackity were play-fighting by their lockers- they look surprisingly energised for the first thing on a monday morning.

dream, george, and sapnap, talk mindlessly as they get changed before heading out to the field where the coach stands waiting for all the boys.

"alright lads," the older woman starts, clapping her hands to get the boys' attention, "we're doing football for the next few weeks," she shouts, "so get into pairs and we're doing throwing practice."

george turns to face dream and sapnap. "this is american football right?" dream nods, smiling, "right, do you wanna be my partner?" the brunette asks dream.

"yeah, sure," the taller boy agrees.

sapnap feels the words leave his mouth. he doesn't know how to speak- and even if he did, he wouldn't know what to say. george -bright, innocent, george- looks up at dream with a confused expression, asking something about the rules. dream shifts to face him as he answers, his back to sapnap.

the ravenette is completely frozen in his spot. he sort of just stands there wearing a shocked expression before a heavy arm drops onto his shoulders, a large body hitting his from the side, "you got a partner sappy?"

dream and george both turn back as punz speaks, and sapnap swallows the lump in his throat, making direct eye contact with dream as he says, "no, i don't."