Chapter 4

{Scar's POV}

When I left Grian's house I went straight to mine so I could shower and change my clothes. I put on a black button up shirt with the first 4 buttons unbuttoned. I tucked it into dark blue skinny jeans and tied it all with a brown leather belt that had a little cowboys hat pattern on it. My socks were light grey and went just above my ankles. As I wondered what shoes to wear I realized that I might have too many shoes, but that didn't matter! I chose my dark brown cowboy boots and paired it with my beige-brown cowboy hat.

Now that I was ready I left my house and went to do daily maintenance at my shop. I cleaned it up a bit, kept it well lit, collected the profits, and when I was about to leave I spotted Iskall. "Howdy Iskall!" I gave them a quick nod, or in other words, a cowboy's wave! They jumped a little, ha I startled them! "Oh Scar! You're already here?" They asked, walking alongside me. "Yep." I flashed them a quick smile. "So.. any luck with Grian?" They asked with concern in their voice. I thought about telling them but then realized that probably wasn't a good idea. I felt bad, since the very beginning they asked every week. But if they showed up at his house I don't know how Grian would react and I'd rather not risk it. I was a terrible liar so I decided to just give a small frown and shake my head. Iskall returned my frown and said, "Awh, well, better luck next time buddy." I simply nodded, "Yeah, I hope so." After that they went their way and I went mine. I didn't know how long to wait before going back to Grian's, I assumed a couple hours so I took myself on a tour of the shopping district. During this time I saw a few of the other hermits, had small little conversations with them, and received a lot of nice compliments! Etho asked me what I was doing, Xisuma was worried about Grian, Cub and I discussed our sales, and Bdubz asked how I was holding up.

Two hours had passed when I got back home. I was a bit bored so I went outside and brought my lawn back to tip top shape. I also planted some more flowers in my garden, as well as harvested my crops. I sat on my long chair and enjoyed the sun, gotta keep that amazing tan. I took the book that was on the table beside me and resumed it. 'The Love of the Ocean' It was a great book about a guy who meets a merman while he was scuba diving. He befriended the boy and every night at midnight they met each other at a small stranded island. They slowly fell in love with each other but were kept apart when their friends found out because both species found the other to be dangerous. (totally not my next book idea ;) I'm not going to spoil the end for you though. I've read this book multiple times and I never get bored of it.

After what seemed like only a few minutes it was 5pm and I headed to the grocery store. It's only when I got there that I realized I didn't really know what kind of things Grian liked and bought. I decided to just go for what I found to be the basics, some spices, some pasta, chicken and steak, tuna, mayonnaise, bread, and, well you get it. When I was done gathering all my items I went to the check out and placed everything on the black conveyor belt. "Hey there neighbor!" I looked up from my wallet, "Oh, howdy Cleo!" I put my hand on my hat and gave the ginger a nod. I was growing quite fond of these cowboy waves. She chuckled slightly and we had a short conversation while she scanned my items. She gave me my total and asked if I wanted a bag. I pulled out a few bills from my wallet, along with the additional money for the three bags I was taking. I thanked her and said goodbye, heading straight to Grian's place.

{Grian's POV}

After many cruel hours I heard the knock I'd been waiting to hear all day. I sprinted to the door and opened it to reveal... My eyes widened, it revealed a very muscular Scar with a lot of, well, 'chest exposure'. I felt my face all red and hot and realized I'd been staring at Scar's chest for a minute or two. I hid behind the door flusteredly, giving him space to walk in. "You can put the bags on any counter in the kitchen." I mumbled. He did just that and I tried to regain my composure. I couldn't help but stare at him. He fit his outfit perfectly. I always admired his fashion style, it flawlessly described his personality. Yesterday he was a magician and today he's a cowboy. A hella fi- I mean a very nice cowboy.