A Merry Christmas

A/N- a bit of a cute and emotional story ahead! 💓

December, 2014

Leni was walking in a park, feeling depressed due to the fact that she was lonely. She just watched as children played at the playground together, and as couples held hands- she wished she had that. Happiness.

Every year, christmas was the same for her- she spent it alone. All of her friends had their own families to spend the holidays with, and her children were grown and had friends of their own too- of course they'd sometimes offer to clear up their schedule to be with her, but she'd always stop them. She didn't want to disturb anyone.

She continued walking, gazing at the stars and realizing how beautiful they looked in the night sky. Suddenly, it started raining and the almost relaxing moment turned into a frustrating one.

"Malas ko naman- Dapat na tulog na lang ako sa bahay..." Leni said, and tears starting falling down her cheeks. She just felt...sad.

Bakit tuwing malapit na akong maging masaya, may masamang mangyayari kaagad?
Hindi ba pwede na kahit ilang minuto lang ay mawala ang sakit at lungkot na nararamdaman ko?

Suddenly, she felt like the rain had stopped, even if she still heard the rain falling. She looked up and saw an umbrella infront of her head. She turned around to see...

"Senator Marcos?" She asked, confused why he's protecting her from the rain.

"Ay Leni, ikaw pala yan!" He chuckled.

Leni lang talaga? Close ba kami?

"O, bakit wala kang sinasabi? Hellooo!" He said, waving his hand in my face jokingly.

"Ay! Eh- sorry, na shock lang ako dahil nandito ka..." She then looked back up, "A-anong ginagawa mo?" She said, refering to the umbrella.

"Ha? Ah, ito? Bakit? Wala namang masama kong proprotectahan kita sa ulan, diba?" He said smiling.

Leni couldn't help but...smile too. She hadn't done that in a while.
For a moment, they were silent. Enjoying each other's presence. For some reason, Leni just felt happy that he was there.

Then, Bongbong spoke,
"Gusto mong pumunta sa cafe? Andun lang, malapit!" He asked her excitedly, pointing to a cafe, and hoping she would say yes.

Leni hesitated, "B-baka next time na lang-"

"Oh come on, sige na! Wag ka nang mahiya, at ako na ang magbabayad ng pagkain natin." He said, and before she could say a word, Bongbong grabbed her hand and ran to the cafe.

Once the two had gotten inside, the waiter led them to a table and took their orders.
"Ano po ang order nyo?" The waiter asked.

Bongbong looked at Leni, waiting for her to order first. "Ikaw muna."

"Okay!" She said happily. "One vanilla Latte for me."

Bongbong's eyes widened a bit before he spoke, "Ako rin...make it two please."

"Gusto mo rin yun?" She asked curiously.
"Oo! What a coincidence, lagi ko yun inoorder tuwing pumupunta ako dito." He replied.
"Unang beses ko pa lang dito pero lagi ko rin yung inoorder sa ibang mga cafe!"
"I must say, you have great taste!"
"Salamat." She said, smiling.

The waiter stood there awkwardly just watching them talk as he waited for their orders,
"Yun lang po ba maam at sir?" He asked.

"Ay! Sorry- Teka meron pa..." Bongbong started. "Isang chocolate filled donut rin."

"Ako rin please! Favourite ko yun!" Leni said.

"Talaga?- Me too!" Bongbong said, surprised.

They giggled, looking at each other's eyes again.

"Ang lalandi nyo tapusin nyo na nga yung order nyo..." the waiter muttered, feeling annoyed.

"Ha?" The two looked at him.

"Ay, uh- tinanong ko lang po kung wala pa ba kayong ioorder..." he said, and was fortunate enough to have saved himself.

"Ah...we'll just look through the menu first." Bongbong said.

"Sige po sir."

After a few moments, Leni and Bongbong made up their minds.

"At isang chocolate chip cookie please." They said at the same time. They laughed and finished ordering.

When their food arrived, they were confused to see only one cookie given to them. "Excuse me, bakit isa lang yung cookie?" Bongbong asked the waiter.

"Ay...kasi isa lang po ang natira, matagal pa po bago matapos magbake yung mga bago." He said. "Sorry po sir."

"Ah ok, ok lang..." Bongbong said and looked at Leni, "Sayo na lang yan."

Leni felt too shy, "Ha? Ano ka ba, ikaw na nga yung nag treat tapos kukunin ko pa yung nag iisang cookie?" Sayo na yan, okay lang." She responded.

"Hindi sayo na yan." He insisted, pushing the plate closer to her and laughing a little.

"Hmm...Eto, we'll break it in half. Sayo yung one half tapos sakin naman yung isa." She said, giving him a friendly smile.

"Okay fine." He smiled back.
---
It was silent again, until Leni brought something up.
"Senator Marcos-"

"Please just call me Bongbong na lang." He said.

"Ah, okay..." she said, "Well- uh, Bongbong...What do you think makes life worth living?" She asked him, her voice sounding a bit sad.

"Well...many things of course. Yung trabaho ko, yung pamilya ko, at ano..." He paused for a moment before finishing his sentence,
"Pagkain." He said, laughing, and Leni laughed with him.

"But seriously, also...yung mga pangarap ko." He added.

"Like what?" She asked.

"Like...maging presidente kagaya ng tatay ko."

"Talaga? Eh di tumakbo ka."

"Actually, may plano nga akong tumakbo, hindi para maging presidente, pero para maging bise presidente." He said.

"Wow! Kayang kaya mo yan, susuportahan kita." Leni said. She was quite impressed with his plan.

"Salamat Leni!"

---
They got out of the cafe and took a stroll outside, it finally stopped raining.

Leni turned to Bongbong,
"Salamat sa pag treat sa akin ngayon, naappreciate ko talaga dahil first christmas ko in three years na may kasama ako." She said, smiling at him again.

"Ayos lang, kung gusto mo nga every christmas kitang itreat." He joked.

"Nako too much na yan!" Leni said, laughing and playfully hitting his arm.

"Kailangan ko na palang umalis, It was nice seeing you here Leni." Bongbong said.

"Ah okay..." She felt a bit sad again now that he had to leave, but Leni knew that the happiness she was feeling wouldn't last forever anyways.
"It was nice seeing you too, bye bye!"

He turned and was about to walk away when he came back running to her. "Ay nakalimutan ko!" Bongbong said, making Leni surprised. "Here." He said, handing her his umbrella. "Baka umulan ulit."

He smiled at her and walked away before she could say anything.

"Wait! Salamat!" She said shouted, but he was already too far away to hear her.
She sighed,

Well this was an interesting christmas.