Sixteen (1)

Haffie vurthdaey to mee lal kumusta ang school niyo

NAMISS KO KAYO GAISSS

SORRY FORDA ERRORS KASI DI KO PA CHINECK TOH WALA PANG REVISE REVISE HAHAHAHA

Happy reading!!
---
She blew her birthday candles out excitedly; unaware of the unfortunate events that would later come at the least expected times.

"Yehey!" The guests gathered around the girl cheered happily. It was a lively and seemingly friendly crowd that was currently present at the party.

"Ma, 16 na ako!" Leni said with a smile on her face.

"Oo, Happy birthday anak." Sally greeted Leni, and kissed her daughter's forehead.

"Salamat po." Leni thanked her, then turned around to the others. "Salamat rin sa inyong lahat, hindi mabubuo ang gabing ito kung wala kayo."

Her mother started, "Anak, nakita mo na ba yung regalo ko sayo?"

Leni's eyes widened- she had been enjoying the party too much to remember what was truly the best part of her special day; presents.

"Ay hindi pa po, nasaan po yung regalo?" Leni impatiently asked.

"Nandito, kukunin ko lang." Sally said, and quickly left the room.

Leni wondered,

Ano kaya yung ibibigay niya sa akin?

She waited and waited until someone finally came back.

"Ito." Sally walked to her and handed Leni a black box tied together with a shiny silver ribbon. "Buksan mo na." She said with a grin.

"Sige po." Leni nodded and opened her gift. Inside she found a beautiful necklace that, on it, had the biggest diamonds she had ever laid her eyes on.

"Ang ganda!" Leni gasped and hugged her mother, "Salamat po, Ma!"

"You're welcome anak," Sally pulled back to look at her. "Gusto mo ba? Pwede naman palitan kung ayaw mo." She joked.

"Hindi na ma! Gustong gusto ko to, promise." Leni assured her.

"Mabuti naman, hindi ko na yan kasi maibabalik." Sally laughed. "Alagaan mo yan ha, hindi yan mura."

By the looks of it, Leni believed her mother's words to be true; the diamonds were obviously real and the necklace seemed as if so much effort was put into creating it.

Leni nodded, "Opo. Salamat po ulit!"

"You're welcome, Enjoy your party." Sally said.

"Aalis ka na ma?" Leni asked in confusion. The party had barely started, with guests only arriving less than an hour ago. "Baka pwedeng dito ka muna, magsasayaw kasi kami mamaya."

Sally let out a sad sigh, one that indicated she could not follow Leni's desires. "Sorry anak, hindi pwede. May aasikasuhin ako na sobrang importante. Just have fun here with your friends for now, without me."

"Sige po- pero sasama ako." Leni insisted.

"Wag kang sumama, hindi na kailangan- birthday mo; dapat ienjoy mo tong araw na to. Minsan ka lang nakakaranas ng araw na puro sayahan lang at walang responsibilidad." Sally shook her head.

Leni was unable to explain the way she felt; it was as if something was pushing her to follow her mother on her trip even if Sally wouldn't allow her to.

"Pero okay lang sa akin, gusto ko kasi na kasama ko lagi ang mama ko." Leni crossed her arms.

Sally laughed at her daughter's child-like behavior, "Mabilis lang naman ako, babalik na ako bukas ng umaga- parang isang minuto lang akong mawawala."