Lead me to you

Leni had been so busy ever since she became vice president. There were always meetings and events to attend, paperwork to deal with, donations to hand out...She didn't take breaks and couldn't give time to herself. She had to admit it, she loved her job but it was also stressful, and the fact that she was being accused of cheating during the election didn't help.

She was so deep in her thoughts that she didn't realize she was being spoken to.

"Uy Mare! Ano bang iniisip mo? Nag stre-stress ka nanaman?" Risa asked her best friend. Risa noticed how Leni's job has affected her, and was concerned for her well-being.

"Ha?" Leni snapped back to reality.
Before she could respond, Grace spoke,

"Malamang stressed nga yan dahil sa mga kumakalat sa social media..." She sighed.

"Anong kumakalat?" Risa curiously asked.
"Yung kay Marcos diba! Sinasabi na nag daya raw siya sa halalan- tingnan mo nga Mare." Grace said and tilted her phone screen towards Risa, scrolling through all of the posts.

Leni couldn't admit it but the accusations and the negative things people said about her were hurting her, and the rude questions about her 'cheating' thrown at her by the media made her feel even worse. Her heart started to hate her opponent, Bongbong Marcos, ever since all of this started.

It was his supporters that threw hate at her, so it was technically his fault, Leni thought and rolled her eyes.

"Kaya pala parang nag kaka-depresyon ka na Mare." Risa said, looking at Leni. "Naku, wag kang maging affected dyan, mag ignore lang tayo." She added.

Leni just sighed while her friends looked at her, both feeling upset.
"Alam ko na!" Grace suddenly sat up, surprising her friends a bit. Leni and Risa looked at her, curious about what she was going to say.

"Mag trip tayong tatlo- sa Paris!" She said excitedly.
"Oo! Magandang idea yan!" Risa agreed, smiling.

Leni just listened as they planned a whole vacation without asking for her opinion.

"At pagkatapos nun, pwede rin tayong pumunta sa Eiffel tower!" Grace suggested.
"Ay oo nga! Pwedeng pwede!" Risa nodded.

"Hindi ako pwede..." Leni started and her friends just groaned. "May mga meeting na na-schedule na, yung mga hinihingi nang mga paperwork kailangan tapusin, at yung-"

"NOPE, stop na mare." Risa cut her off. "Hindi ka pwedeng tumanggi!"

After a few minutes of trying to convince Leni, she finally gave in.
"Sige na nga, ang kukulit nyo!" She laughed, althought she felt a bit annoyed.

"Mag kita na lang tayo bukas sa airport! Bye!" Risa said, and left with grace- not waiting for Leni to respond.

"Ha? Bukas na? Teka-"
Leni sighed and thought,
Wala naman sigurong mangyayari na masama dito sa opisina kung umalis ako ng saglit...
I hope this helps me take my mind off of everything...
Off of...Marcos.

---

Before Leni knew it, it was already the next day and she found herself standing inside of the airport, looking for her friends.

"Ay, Leni! Dito!" Risa called, waving at her.
Leni smiled and ran to them.

"Akala namin hindi ka pupunta, tagal mo kasi!" Risa said.
"Oo!" Grace added.

Actually, muntik na nga eh...Leni thought. "A-ano? Hindi! Nag ka traffic lang kasi..." She lied.

"Ah ok...Alis na tayo, tinatawag na yung mga passengers." Risa said, and they left to board the plane.

---

The three ladies arrived at their hotel, and were all amazed at how beautifully decorated it was. The hotel lobby was filled with sounds of people talking, but they didn't understand what they were saying- at all.

Leni noticed some people pointing and looking at her, and she assumed that they were talking about her. She listened to their conversation,

"n'est-ce pas le vice-président des Philippines ?(Isn't that the vice president of the Philippines?)" A man asked his friend.
"Oui. (Yes.) The other man replied.
"Elle est absolument magnifique - je lui aurais demandé de m'épouser maintenant si je n'étais pas coincé avec cette sorcière. (She's absolutely gorgeous- I would have asked her to marry me by now if I wasn't stuck with that witch." He said, reffering to his own wife.

"Qui se soucie de ce que pense Jeanne ? Quoi qu'il en soit, j'ai entendu dire que le président des Philippines inviterait des investisseurs le mois prochain pour une réunion... et votre vice-président sera probablement là. (Who cares about Jeanne? Anyway, I heard that the president of the Philippines will be inviting investors next month for a meeting...and your vice president will probably be there.)" His friend chuckled.

Pinag uusapan ba ako ng mga to? Sana nag basic french class muna kami bago pumunta...Leni thought.

Before the man could respond to his friend, a woman suddenly went up to him and pulled him by the ear, and said something to him- in french. She then turned her head to Leni and glared at her.
Leni glared back at her jokingly. The woman just ran away angrily- with her husband.

"Tu dors sur le canapè ce soir ! (You're sleeping on the couch tonight!)"
"O-oui m'dame ! (Y-yes maam!)"

---

The group got checked into their room, and Grace and Risa flopped down on their beds while Leni started fixing her things from her luggage.

"Mare ano ka ba, mamaya na yan! Higa ka muna, ang ganda ng kama nila dito!" Grace called.
"Ang soft! Maganda yung bed sheets!" Risa added.

"Mamaya na...lalabas muna ako, gutom na ako." Leni responded and fixed her purse, getting ready to leave.

"Aalis ka na kaagad? Kakarating lang sa hotel eh! Sige na, tulog na!" Grace insisted, but Leni declined.

"Okay lang- gusto ko rin makita kung anong binebentang mga pagkain dito...ibibili ko rin kayo!" She said.

The two gave up when they heard the last part of her sentence,
"Talaga?- Sabi mo yan ha! Wag kang hihingi ng pambayad sa pagkain namin!" Grace said.

"Oo!" Leni laughed and left the room.

---

Leni walked around the streets of Paris, looking for food. She attempted to read signs outside, misprounouncing words every time.

"Naku, mabuti na lang dinala ko yung cellphone ko, may pang translate." She laughed.

She arrived at the nearest cafe, and looked at their menu.

Chocolate croissant, baguette, cheesy garlic bread, ice cream with macaroons...ang dami! Leni licked her lips as she scanned through the list of food.

She saw that she would be next in line, so she took her bag and looked for her phone.
"Mabuti naman na nadala ko yung phone ko...yung pho- teka..." She said to herself as she searched, but failed to find her phone. "Hala! Baka nakalimutan ko pa!" She said quietly.

"Bonjour mademoiselle! Qu'aimeriez-vous avoir aujourd'hui ? (Hello miss! What would you like to have today?)" The cashier asked, waiting patiently for Leni to answer.

Ahh! Nakakahiya! Leni thought.
"Uhhh..."

Before she could say answer, she suddenly felt someone's hand on her shoulder,  "Nous aurons deux cafès noirs. (We'll have two black coffees.)"

She turned around to see...

"Mr. Marcos?..."

(A/N) HMMM PART 2 OR NAH? Baka kasi gusto nyo ng cliffhanger lang...😏🤣
Also cafe ulit ang setting waw ba't di na lang kayo nagkita sa ibang lugar-
Teka ako pala yung author