Reunited (1)

(A/N): Updating almost 4 months late? Could never be me. 

---

"Come on Leni, it's been 10 years since we've entered than place- hindi mo ba gustong balikan ang mga memories natin nung mga estudyante pa tayo?" Risa said, not giving up on her yet.

Leni sighed, "Ris, I told you already- hindi nga ako pwedeng pumunta, I'm sorry..."

"Oo nga, pero bakit? I don't think its just because your busy." Risa asked in an upset tone.

Leni and Risa, along with their other friends who they went to the same school with, were having a high school reunion that would take place inside of the place they used to learn in for 4 years; the place where they made memories together. Some were the happiest of their lives, while others were ones Leni chose to forget. That's why she didn't want to attend the event, nor did she want to talk about it much.

"I- I am. Yun lang. I just don't think my schedule can handle something like this." Leni stammered, trying to get out of the situation she was in. Of course, she loved her friend, but Leni didn't love the idea of this.

"Are you sure?"

Leni replied, "Yes, I am sure. So don't take me with you because I can't come- pwede mo namang isama nalang si Grace." She didn't want Risa to be lonely because of her absence.

"No, I mean- are you sure it's because you are busy?" Risa questioned once more.

"Oo nga-"

"Or is it because you don't want to see him there?" Risa cut Leni off.

Leni was shocked as the sentence hit her ears. How did Risa know?

Why did she have to be right? Leni wondered, and frowned.

"Baka iniisip mo kung paano ko alam yan," Risa chuckled as there was silence between the two women for a moment. "I'm your best friend Len, syempre alam ko yan. It's not like I was absent from all of those years when you and..."

"Please." Leni almost pleaded, "Don't- wag na. I...I don't want to talk about what I think you're about to mention- who you're about to mention." There was silence again for a while, as they thought of what to say to each other next.

It's been 10 years since Leni saw him, 10 years since the last time her eyes met his. But it's only been a second since she last thought about him. Somehow, even after a decade, she still found her mind tracing back to the memories that they made together; all of them. The joy, the laughter and the heartbreak, that she wished she could forget, but her horrible brain wouldn't let her, and she despised it- herself. But did she really? Or did she despise the fact that even after all these years, she still missed him, still longed for the true 'I-love-yous' that she would never get from anyone else?

Why did her heart still choose to hang on to someone that didn't love her enough to stay?

Risa let out a sympathetic sigh on the other end of the line, maybe she shouldn't force her friend to do something that was uncomfortable for her, nor should they talk about such a sensitive topic that might hurt Leni. "I'm sorry, Len, if I made you upset. Sige na, I won't make you come with me kung ayaw mo talaga." She told her.

Leni felt a sense of relief upon hearing that, and she thanked Risa, "Talaga? Salamat Ris! And it's alright, hindi mo kailangang mag-sorry sa akin, it's not that big of a deal." It was. That was a lie- she just didn't want to make things too complicated.

"O, sige na, ieend ko na tong call at may pupuntahan ako- I'm gonna buy clothes for the reunion kasi ako ang pupunta." Risa spoke with a cheerful tone that already gave Leni the idea that Risa was smiling. She smiled too. "Sige, salamat sa pagtawag- happy shopping, ingat ka ha!" Leni told her and they said their goodbyes before hanging up.