Late Night Encounter

(A/N) SURPRISE MGA BAKLAAAAA WALA PANG 1 WEEK ANDITO NA AKOOOO 😭
---
Leni got out of her car and angrily slammed its door shut, and walked to the bar.

When she got inside, she saw that the place was almost empty- except for an employee and a man who seemed to be a customer.

Leni went up to the bar and sat down next to him. He turned to look at her, surprised, but didn't say a word. He didn't want to risk getting into trouble- since Leni was seemingly in a bad mood.

Her head was bowed down, her back slightly arched, making her look listless and legarthic. The fatigue that Leni felt made her close her eyes, she felt like she was going to collapse right there- but she didn't want to.

She still needed to drink. All day she longed for the taste of alcohol that hadn't felt her tongue for so long. Ever since she married her husband, she swore that she would never drink again; it was an addiction of hers that she had been working hard to get rid of. She couldn't help it, being drunk was like being taken away from reality for a few hours. That's what she wanted though.

But now he's gone from her arms and now she could return to drinking her problems away, the only solution there was for the depressed woman.
He had been for years, but it only hit her now.

Leni couldn't explain the exact feeling she felt with words alone, but she just missed for him.

She yearned for his touch, his hugs, his kiss...his love. But deep down, Leni knew he would never come back to her, especially since she was the one who wanted a divorce in the first place. It was the mature decision to make- the marriage seemed like a mistake, the timing of it all was far from perfect. After all, they were only 18 when he proposed to her.

Now she was turning 30 years old. She finally got what she wanted; to graduate from a prestigous college, become a lawyer and live a comfortable life. But she didn't have what she needed.

Leni had tried to move on within the many years that they were apart, and she kind of did- until she saw her ex husband with another woman the day before. They didn't look like 'just friends', since he was giving the lady flowers and was kissing her- on the lips.

Because of what she witnessed, everything just started to come back to her; their memories together, their acheivements, their dreams that they had reached only after they separated, though they said they would always work together.

Despite her exhaustion, she gathered up all her energy to speak, "Kuya, isang shot ng vodka please."

The bartender nodded and gave Leni her drink, "Salamat." She said before immediately drinking it all. "Isa pa nga."

She continued drinking until the customer beside her stopped her, "Huy, baka masobrahan ka." He said, concerned because she was drinking so much.

"So? A-ano naman kung masobrahan ako? Concerned ka?" Leni turned to him as she took another shot. She put her shot glass down, "Isa pa kuya."

"Oo concerned ako, baka ma damage yung liver mo pag uminom ka pa. Tama na."

"Mind your own business." Leni coldly said.

He sighed, and gave up on trying to halt her drinking. The man looked her up and down, examining her. She looked so miserable, and he couldn't help but feel bad for the drunk woman. "Okay ka lang ba?" He asked.

"W-why do you care?" She frowned.

"Ito naman o, tinatanong lang. Pwede naman maging mabait diba?"

Leni sighed. She was too drunk to even think and just decided to answer his question truthfully, though she didn't know him. "Hindi ako okay. Malayo ako sa 'okay', kaya nandito ako."

The man was surprised that she was suddenly opening up to him, since she was acting quite grumpy only a few seconds ago. "Bakit ka nandito? Ano ba ang nangyari sayo?" He asked curiously.

"So ganito," Leni started. "Iniwanan ako ng asawa ko 12 years ago, okay na sana ako pero kahapon nakita ko siya..."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "Tapos anong ginagawa niya noong nakita mo siya?"

"He..." Leni's tears rolled down her cheeks before she realized it.

"It's okay, you can tell me anything." He assured her.

"M-may kasama na siyang ibang babae..." She cried.

His eyes widened, "Talaga? Anong ginagawa nila?"

"Naghahalikan!" The heart break that had briefly disappeared from her body when she drank, had returned now upon remembering what she saw the other day.

"Naku...Pero 12 years na diba? Matagal na, bakit nasaktan ka? Diba dapat masaya ka para sa kanya?" He said.

She paused for a moment, thinking. It would be wrong for her to be affected by his love life, right?
Why couldn't she get over him, and why was she hurting?

"H-hindi ko alam..." Leni replied sadly.

"Namimiss mo ba siya?" He asked.

"Oo." Leni admitted, drinking once again.

"Talaga? Can you elaborate on your feelings?" He asked.

"Miss ko siya, araw araw naiisipan ko siya, napapaginipan ko pa rin siya. Namimiss ko yung mga masayang ala ala naming dalawa, yung mga lugar na pinuntahan namin...At naalala ko pa yung mga pangako namin sa isa't isa," She laughed sadly before continuing,

"Those promises weren't kept, though, dahil sa huli naghiwalay naman kami. Ang sama ko kasi, pinili ko yung mga pangarap ko imbes siya. At ngayon nahihirapan akong aminin sa sarili ko na kahit 12 years nang wala kami, kahit may iba na siya, mahal ko pa rin siya."

He was taken aback by her confession, "Wow, grabe...I feel so bad for you."

She shrugged, "Well, don't be. Sa huli, wala na kami at wala akong magagawa." Leni said, feeling more hopeless than she had ever been in her entire life. "Iinom na lang ako hanggang kaya ko."

"Wag naman ganon, I'm sure na makakahanap ka rin ng magiging kasama mo habang buhay." He rubbed her arm, "Nothing lasts forever naman, your sadness will be gone someday and you wont even realize it."

His smile and his touch made Leni feel a sense of comfort, and she slightly smiled back. "Salamat, ha. Ang bait mo naman, ikaw lang ang nagsabi sa akin ng ganyan." She said, lightening up a little.

"You're welcome. Kung kaya kong maging mabait sayo, dapat maging mabait ka rin...sa sarili mo." He advised, "Try to forget your ex husband now. You can't move on to the future if you continue to hold on to the past."

Leni drank again to ease her pain, "Whatever."

He sighed and took the glass away from her.

"Hey!" She shouted, upset.

"Tama na please..." He begged, "You know I hate seeing you like this...sweetheart."

Leni looked up at him, suddenly feeling nostalgic when she heard the nickname. It was the same name that her and the 'love of her life' would call each other. "B-ba't mo ako tinatawag na sweetheart-"

"Ihahatid na kita..." He stood up and took her hand, but she stayed sitting.

"Ayaw ko. Gusto ko pang uminom, hindi pa nawawala yung lungkot ko." She crossed her arms.

He sighed, "Kalimutan mo na ako. Don't hurt yourself like this."

"Mahal pa rin kita..." She sobbed.

"Mahal rin kita Leni..." Bongbong confessed, "But we're not meant to be.

I promise, we'll be together...in another life."
---