The gift of truth

(A/N): Sorry ha, ginoghost kayo ng author HAHAHA pero happy reading!
Sorry for any mistakes and errors
---
It was a cold christmas night when Leni sat on her sofa in front of the fireplace, relaxing as she waited for her roommate to come back home for their 'christmas dinner date'- as friends, of course; why would their relationship ever be more than that?

Leni's friends Risa and Grace were coming over too anyway, so it wasn't going to be an intimate meal just between her and Bongbong.

Asaan na kaya yung mga yon? Leni wondered, and glanced at her watch. She clearly informed everyone to arrive at 7 pm, and it was already past 9 pm. Well that was expected, they were Filipinos; known widely for their impressive skill of arriving so late to parties or gatherings of any sort.

While she waited, she kept thinking of the present she decided to give to Bongbong- worried whether he would like it or not. She had spent days trying to pick out the perfect gift for him, yet she just grabbed whatever she saw that was on sale for her other friends. Leni didn't know why she put in so much effort just to satisfy the man.

All of a sudden, Leni heard the lock clicking and the door creaking open.  She turned to see her roommate finally arrive. He was carrying a little box covered with gift wrap, and tied together with a pink bow. 

''Bong!'' Leni frowned, ''Ba't ang late mo? Kanina ko pa kita hinihintay! Ang tagal mo- nasaktan ka ba? may nangyari ba sayo? Teka, tingnan ko nga kita!'' Leni threw so many questions at him all at once. She got up from her seat and hurried towards him.

''Huy!'' Bongbong exclaimed when she put her palms on his cheeks, looking to see if there were any bruises. ''Okay lang ako- magrelax ka nga! Napaka OA naman nito o...'' He laughed as he took her hands off and gave her a hug. 

''Okay ka lang ba talaga?'' She asked, concerned for him.

''Oo, okay lang talaga...Bakit sobra ka namang magalala para sa akin?'' Bongbong asked in their hug.

''Pag napahamak ka, sinong magbabayad ng tubig dito sa condo? Eh ako na nga yung nagbabayad ng electricity.'' Leni joked. ''Kaya ayaw kong mawala ka.''

Bongbong pulled away from the hug with a frown, ''Akala ko naman dahil mamimiss mo ako at iiyak ka pag napahamak ako.'' 

''A-ano? Syempre hindi! Pffft, ba't kita iiyakan? Dami dami namang ibang pwede na maging kahati ko sa mga bayarin, kaya whatever kung mawala ka.'' She rolled her eyes and walked into the dining area.

''In denial pa- teka antayin mo ako!'' Bongbong rushed to follow the woman.

On the table were a bunch of incredibly delicious dishes that Leni made hours ago, and sadly they had already gotten cold. ''Lumamig na yung mga pagkain- microwave ko na lang.'' She said as she place the plates inside of the microwave to heat the food up. ''Sorry ha, simple lang yung hinanda ko.''

Bongbong's gasped when he saw the food, everything looked amazing. The smell of the food made him hungrier and impatient- he just wanted to eat right away. ''Ano ka ba? Mukhang masarap nga yung mga niluto mo!''

''Ay, thank you- I tried my best.'' She giggled. 

''You're welcome, totoo naman eh- Tapos na ba?'' He asked Leni as she took the food out of the microwave.

''Oo, ito na!'' She replied and walked back towards him, placing the plates on the table. ''Sana magustohan mo.'' Leni spent hours looking for the perfect recipe for the meals and preparing all of the ingredients, so she hoped her efforts would result in a great outcome- not just success in her cooking, but success in making Bongbong feel joy.

They both sat down to start eating, and Leni waited for Bongbong to take the first bite before she could eat. ''Ikaw muna- tikman mo yung Lugaw.'' She said and pushed the bowl of her Lugaw towards him.