Text (2)

(A/N) since you all asked for it :)

---

Leni yawned, feeling tired throughout the day as she was unable to get an adequate amount of sleep the night before. She sat in her meeting, barely paying attention to the presentation in front of her. Leni was about to close her eyes when all of a sudden, her phone buzzed. She took it, raising an eyebrow when she saw the notification.

2 new messages.
Puto bongbong:
Hi mahal kong vp-
Ay wait, di ka na pala vp!!!! 🥀

Puto bongbong:
Bye bye former vp 👋
I don't know if I'll miss you though!

Leni frowned when she saw the message, though she knew Bongbong was just trying to annoy her- she still felt sad. It was true, this was her last day of being vice president...

Oo nga, hindi ko kailangan magalit, totoo naman. Di na ako vp...Leni sighed.
She quickly hid her phone under her desk and started to type,

Leni:
I'm not in the mood Marcos.

---
Bongbong was about to put his phone down, laughing as he thought about the message he sent when he saw her reply. His mood quickly changed as he felt worried that he actually upset her.

Puto bongbong:
Teka, galit ka ba?
Joke joke lang yun! Wag naman OA
Ex vp!

He waited almost half an hour, yet there was no response from Leni.

Puto bongbong:
Sorry na nga! Mag reply
Ka naman, nagaalala na ako o...

---
Leni held her tears back as she waved goodbye to her staff one last time. The same team she had been with for the past 6 years, and now it was time for them to part.

"Salamat ma'am!"
"Mamimiss ka namin!"
"Thank you madam!" Everyone stood outside of the office, waving to her.

She smiled and shook hands with them before heading inside of her van. Leni looked out of the window to see her staff still waving to her before her car left the property.

Mamimiss ko rin kayo...She thought.

She sighed, and felt more relaxed now that she could just sleep- it was all that was on her mind the whole day. Leni sat back in her seat, getting ready to take a nap when her phone kept buzzing. Only this time, it wasn't a text she was receiving.

Incoming audio call from Puto bongbong...

Leni froze, clueless of what to do. She had been trying to avoid him and his 'jokes all day'- not wanting to hear his comments that would only make her sadder. Bongbong immediately texted her when she didn't answer,

Puto bongbong:
Ba't di mo sinasagot?
Takot ka ba sa akin?

Leni's fingers were shaking as she held her phone.
Ano kaya ang sasabihin ko? She wondered.
Not wanting to seem 'scared' or 'weak', she confindently responded to him.

Leni:
Anong takot? Hindi! Not at all.
Busy lang ako kaya hindi ko nasagot
Yung tawag mo. Kung gusto mo nga,
Mag video call pa tayo!
Baka ikaw yung mag ayaw!

Leni's mouth was left hanging when she saw the reply she least expected from him,

Puto bongbong:
Talaga? Sige.
Magprepare ka.
Tatawagan kita in 5 minutes.

"Manong, uh- mag headset ka! Binili ko to para sayo! Makinig ka muna sa music para maka relax." Leni said, quickly grabbing some headphones in the car and putting it on her driver. She didn't want him to hear any of her and Bongbong's conversation at all- to make sure that there would be no issues.

Before she knew it, the 5 minutes had already passed.

Incoming video call from Puto bongbong...

Leni took a deep breath before pressing the 'answer' button. Now what completely covered her whole screen was Bongbong's smiling face.

"Yehey ex vp! Sumagot ka rin!" He cheered.
Leni only showed half of her face in the camera, "O-oo..." She said shyly.

"Ang confident mo kanina! Pero ba't parang nahihiya ka dito sa call?" Bongbong chuckled. "Ipakita mo nga yung buong mukha mo."

"H-hindi ako nahihiya!" She stuttered. "Syaka hindi ko na ipapakita yung buong mukha ko- wala akong uh foundation."

Bongbong laughed at her, "So what? Kahit nga wala kang wig kaya kitang tingnan at kausapin."

Leni gasped, "Teka- anong wig? Hindi naman ako gumagamit ng wig!"

"Ha? Talaga? Peke pala yung nabalitaan ko, may chismis kasi dito na kalbo ka raw at nagwiwig ka." Bongbong explained, laughing throughout his sentence.

"Puro mga marites!" Leni said angrily.

"Syempre, ganyan talaga pag may Imee marcos sa senado." Bongbong joked. "Bakit parang galit ka kanina? Hindi ka nag rereply..." He asked as the mood got serious.

"Sa totoo lang, malungkot kasi ako ngayon dahil hindi na ako vp. I can't continue serving the Filipino people the same way I have for the past 6 years...Mamimiss ko rin ang staff ko. Kaya hindi ko masyadong nagustohan yung text mo sa akin kanina." Leni said in a sad tone, frowning.

Now that he knew how she felt, Bongbong suddenly felt bad about his text to her earlier. "Sorry ha...Naiintindihan kita, malungkot talaga yun na hindi mo na makikita yung team mo araw araw, parang pamilya mo na kasi sila..." He said, showing empathy to her. "A-at malungkot rin na hindi ka na vp." He forced those words to come out of his mouth.

Bongbong hesitated a little before saying, "K-kaya kung kailangan mo ng kausap, ng kaibigan...nandito lang ako."

Leni slightly smiled, comforted by his words. "S-salamat."

"Heh..." Bongbong laughed awkwardly.

"Salamat talaga, ngayon ko lang narinig ang mga salitang ganyan. At kung pwede- ngayon lang rin akong magkakakaibigan." She said.

Bongbong was shocked at her friendly response, "Syempre! Pwedeng pwede!" He nodded, smiling.

"Sige, baba ko na tong tawag ha?" Leni said.

"O-okay! Bye bye!" Bongbong said, before they ended the call.

Leni smiled as her finger went to the 'settings' button, changing his nickname again.
---
(A/N) Guessing game number 2!!! Hulaan ang nickname HAHAHAHA