Separation

(Y/n) grips his fiancée's torso. He buries his face in his side.
The nightmare was only getting worse.
Finally Keigo wakes up his fiancé. "Baby bird, it was just a nightmare. Calm down."
(Y/n) sniffles and wipes his tears. "Sorry."
"Was it the same nightmare?" The blonde asks.
The boy nods, unable to make eye contact.
"Is it because I told you what I'm doing tomorrow?"
"Can I please come with you? I-I don't want you to leave me."
"Fine. You can be our victim in the simulation. The newbies will rescue you. Does that sound ok? I'll be there watching over everything."
(Y/n) sniffles but nods. "O-ok. I'm sorry."

Hawks holds his fiancé close and kisses his head. "Don't be sorry. We can keep going to therapy if you want. Or maybe we can switch you to meds."
The (h/c) shakes his head. "T-the therapy i-is helping."
"Ok then. I just want you to be ok. I love you baby bird. Separation anxiety isn't just for children; I want you to know that. You don't have to feel bad or feel like a burden, ok?"
(Y/n) buries his face in the hero's chest. "I love you so much."

The next day Hawks introduces (Y/n) to the newbies and he was told where to go and what to do.
(Y/n) looks at Hawks but the blonde smiles, reassuring his fiancé.
The boy's headache subsides as he gets into place.
Hawks begins the training and (Y/n) quickly got into the role.
Except things quickly took a turn.

The newbies weren't quick enough to fly to (Y/n) so Hawks had to.
As a building is falling he grabs (Y/n) but some of the rubble manages to nip the tip of his wings.
The blonde cries out and groans. He throws his fiancé to one of the nearby men but (Y/n)'s anxiety takes over.
He cries out and reaches for his fiancé.
Hawks falls to the ground and checks his wings.

(Y/n) pulls away from the man as he tries flying to the ground.
He threw me away. He's hurt. Don't leave me Keigo!
Once they get to the ground (Y/n) runs over to Hawks.
Tears stream down his cheeks quickly.
Hawks realizes what he did and lets the boy hug him tightly.
Then (Y/n) quickly pulls away and checks on his wings.

"I'm sorry baby bird. I didn't want to throw you to him. I just didn't want you to get hurt when I fell."
(Y/n) sniffles and grips his own shirt. "Please don't leave me. Don't throw me away. I-I can't..."
"Shhhhhhh (Y/n). Calm down. You'll give yourself another headache." He pets the boy's hair gently.
Soon (Y/n) calms down and takes a deep breath.
"I'm ok."

"We're so sorry." The newbies bow quickly and apologize.
Hawks looks at his trainees. "It's ok guys. We'll just have to work on your speed and agility."
(Y/n) bows too. "I'm sorry for crying. It's not because of you."
The men look between themselves but don't press for further explanation.

Hawks sets (Y/n) on the sidelines and calls in a professional to play the victim.
(Y/n) manages since he can see Keigo. Also while he's relaxing he sets up a therapy session.
Hawks pats his fiancé's hair gently and kisses his head. "I love you baby bird."
"I love you too Keigo."