Wedding Anniversary

Free spirit.
That's the only way people describe Hawks.
He's a free spirit that can't be tied down.
So imagine everyone's surprise when he got married.
What everyone doesn't know is how spur-of-the-moment it was.
(Y/n) couldn't believe that he proposed, especially since they hadn't known each other that long and really only hooked up.
Keigo did his best to be the loving husband who took care of his wife.
She began to believe he really loved her and that they could make a happy life together.
Unfortunately it didn't last long.

(Y/n) hums softly in the kitchen as she prepares dinner for their 1 year anniversary.
Her beaming smile while shopping earlier that day made everyone who saw so happy for her.
The more she was in the public eye the more people came to love her.
Some even claimed she was too good for the hero.
Her hips sway and she dances around the kitchen.
"One year~ one year anniversary~" She sings quietly.

A small noise from the bedroom catches her attention.
She walks to the bedroom and hears her husband groaning.
The door is cracked open so she can hear him clearly.
"I only married her so people would get off my back. I was losing popularity with the people, meaning they don't trust or respect me. (Y/n) is the perfect trophy wife to get me back on top. I just don't know how much longer I can keep this up."
An angry voice can be heard but not understood on the other end of the phone.

Tears well in (Y/n)'s eyes and she backs away slowly.
She rips off her feather necklace he gave her and throws it on the ground.
This immediately alerts Keigo and he turns to the door.
Unfortunately the call continues for a while.
This gives the woman enough time to leave the apartment and figure out where to stay.
As she turns the corner she bumps into someone.
"I-I'm sorry." A certain shy boy stutters.
(Y/n) looks up and recognizes the boy. "Tamaki?"
"Oh Mrs. Takami. What's wrong? You've been crying."

(Y/n) sniffles and wipes her face.
"Let's get you somewhere to sit down." He wraps his cape around her body, just like Mirio taught him.
The two walk to Fat Gum's agency which is close by.
He sets her down and Fat Gum walks past.
"Hey Suneater what's-oh (n/n) what are you doing here?"
The woman squeezes the boy's hand and looks up at her friend.
As she explains what she heard both men couldn't believe it.
Fat clenches his fists and does his best to remain calm.
"On your anniversary no less." Tamaki mumbles and looks away.

"Tamaki why don't you head back to the dorms. It's getting pretty late. I'll help (n/n)."
"A-are you sure?" He begins stuttering again.
(Y/n) manages a weak smile. "Thank you for your help Tamaki. You need rest for school tomorrow. Sweet dreams."
A dark blush covers his cheeks and he looks away quickly.
"Ok!" He rushes out then leaves the agency.
Taishiro sighs and looks at his friend. "You can stay at my place for as long as you need. I'll even whip up some of those pastries you like."
"Thank you Shiro. I don't think I could face him right now."

The hero gives her a cloak to hide her appearance while they walk to his apartment.
"Do you have your phone?"
"No. It was on the counter while I was cooking and I ran out without it."
"I see you're also not wearing his feather."
"This way he can't track me."
A sudden voice behind them makes her tense.
"Fat Gum have you seen my baby bird?" Hawks asks looking around.
(Y/n) buries her face in Shiro's side.
"I'm a bit busy here Hawks. You're scaring them."

The blonde looks at (Y/n) and frowns. "Oh. I'm sorry. Get them to safety. Just let me know if you see her."
Fat Gum sighs but nods.
Hawks flies off quickly.
(Y/n) sniffles and grips her friend's jacket tightly.
"Let's get you inside." He mumbles and gets her into his apartment.
"Why don't you go take a shower and I'll lay out some more comfortable clothes."
(Y/n) manages a small laugh. "One of your shirts would swallow me Shiro."
The hero laughs and nods. "It would indeed. But I also have normal size clothes."

After days the public is uneasy about (Y/n)'s disappearance, even claiming the League took her.
(Y/n) took this time to figure out how she felt and what she wanted to do.
Hawks is a mess, looking for her whenever he has free time.
When he met up with Dabi he was distressed to know they didn't take her.
Although Dabi said it was tempting.
The hero is at his wits end not only stressing about where she is but angry she's making him waste time on her.
He definitely wants to give her a piece of his mind when he finds her.
Captured or not.

(Y/n) looks around her new apartment and takes a deep breath.
Due to him being out of the apartment most of the time it wasn't hard to move her stuff.
Fat Gum brought along Tamaki and Kirishima to help her move.
Once everything is out she picks up her necklace Keigo moved to the counter with her phone.
"Everything is out (n/n)." Fat informs, walking up behind her.
"Thank you Shiro."
"Are you gonna be ok here on your own?"
"I will be. Once he comes back I'll talk to him and tell him it's over."
"Ok. Call if you need anything."
"Bye Shiro."

(Y/n) blows on Keigo's feather, knowing it would bring him back immediately.
Soon enough Hawks bursts into the apartment and sees the woman.
"(Y/n)?"
"Hawks." She whispers back and puts her phone in her back pocket.
"Where have you been? I was worried sick. I had everyone out looking for you. Did someone take you?"
"Why would you care?"
"What are you talking about? You're my wife."
"Oh I am huh? I thought you couldn't bare it anymore? Being married to me for a year was too much."
"What?"

The flash in his eyes, the realization, makes her clench her fists.
"I heard you Keigo. You don't want me, probably don't even love me. I was a easy fuck at first then an easy target to marry on the spot. I was only here for your image. Well now you get to watch me leave and you can go fuck yourself."
"(Y/n) wait."
"You don't get to use me anymore. Not for fame, popularity, or trust and respect. You get to watch your career plummet because of your pride."
Keigo grabs her wrist but she slaps him as hard as she can and leaves. He looks at the feather necklace, clenches his fists and squeezes his eyes closed.