I'll Protect You Both

"Midnight, Mirko watch out!" (Y/n) yells and makes a portal to where her friends are fighting.
The two women turn just in time to see their friend get hit with a quirk.
It only hit the (h/c)'s arm but the second hit her harder, knocking her unconscious.
Midnight picks her up and carries her to safety.
The woman laid limp in her arms.

When (Y/n) wakes up she looks around with only her eyes.
"Oh thank goodness you're awake." Mirko rushes to the bed and smiles.
Midnight sits on the bed. "Hey sweet pea. Are you ok?"
(Y/n) looks at her casted arm and frowns. "Is it broken?"
"Yeah. The doctor said everything else was fine though. He should be back with results of one of the tests soon."
"He didn't tell us what it was though." Mirko adds onto Midnight.
"Hawks has been pacing the waiting room. Do you want me to go get him?" Midnight asks and (Y/n) nods.

A few minutes later the bird runs in and looks over his girlfriend.
"Are you ok? Does your arm hurt? Do you need anything?" He rambles and the (h/c) puts her free hand on his.
"Calm down Birdie. I'm ok."
"Thank god." He kisses her knuckles.
The door opens and the doctor walks in.
"Can you ladies wait outside for a few minutes? I need to speak to my patient."
"Of course." The two leave and close the door.
"I'm assuming you're her partner." The doctor inquires looking at Hawks.
Keigo nods quickly. "Is she ok?"

The doctor sighs and looks at (Y/n). "I noticed a visible bump but I didn't see any notes about it in your file so I ran a test. You're pregnant (Y/n)."
Hawks looks at his girlfriend quickly. "You're pregnant?!"
"Oh um, I'll leave you to talk about it." The doctor bows then leaves.
"Why didn't you tell me? Why would you be fighting in this condition?"
"Are you gonna leave me?"
"Wait... you thought I would leave you! Is that why you didn't tell me? Baby bird I would never leave you. Especially not because of this."

(Y/n) buries her face in his chest and he holds her close.
"You have to stop fighting though. I don't want to lose you or the baby."
"I'll retire then. I'll go work for UA. Something easy that won't put too much strain on my body."
"Thank you. Now get some rest ok?"
"Ok. I love you Birdie."
"I love you too." He kisses her forehead as she lays back.
She closes her eyes and slowly falls asleep.
'I will do everything in my power to protect both of you. I won't let anything happen to you again. I promise.'