Overwhelmed

"You're just jealous that mom loves me more than you. And that she'll do anything I ask."
"I'm not jealous of you Akira."
"No? You're just working yourself to death because you want to. Not because mom expects it?"
"I will never be enough for her. So go away so I can-"
"Baby bird, I'm home. Is your brother here? His shoes are..." the blonde trails off when he sees the siblings in the office.
(Y/n) is trying to study and Akira is bothering her.
"Hey Takami. Long time no see. You should come by the house more often so we can hangout."
"Wish I could but hero business keeps me busy." Hawks fakes a smiles and shrugs.
"Akira please go home. I need to get this done for tomorrow."
"Fine, fine. Bye sis." The man waves as he walks away.

(Y/n) grips her hair and tears stream down her cheeks.
"Baby bird," Keigo whispers. He walks over and sits next to her on the ground.
"It's just so frustrating. I do everything I can and it's still not enough. He knocks over a vase and she thinks I pushed him into it."
Keigo wraps his arms around her waist and his wings close around them.
(Y/n) cries softly. "I spent all day studying and working and being perfect but she doesn't see any of it."
"You're overwhelmed baby bird. Just calm down and take deep breaths. Breathe with me."
His chest presses against her back and she syncs their breathing.

His legs wrap around her as well.
(Y/n) sniffles and wipes her face. "Birdie..." she whispers and looks at him over her shoulder.
Hawks kisses her cheek and smiles softly. "You are a grown woman now. You don't need her approval. If she doesn't appreciate you then you don't need her. If he's her favorite, oh well. Baby bird, all that matters is your happiness."
"My happiness?"
"Yes, of course. Seeing you smile is all I want. But if you're overwhelmed neither of us is happy."

The woman turns in his arms and wraps her legs around his waist. She lays her head on his chest.
He rubs her back and hair gently.
"Birdie, I love you."
"I love you too baby bird. And I know it's easier said than done. So I will be here for you the whole time."
"By my side."
"Yes baby. I will help you. Starting with your workload. No more studying and you are taking off from work. Since I know you didn't wanna continue schooling I am taking you out. No more school and you can focus on work. But only after you take a much needed break."
The woman's eyes widen as she listens to her boyfriend. "What about the money I still owe?"
"I will pay it off for you. I am going to alleviate your stress baby bird. Little by little we will be happy again."

(Y/n) cries into his chest and clenches his shirt.
"Oh baby bird you don't have to cry. I'm just doing what I can to help."
"You mean everything to me Keigo. Thank you so much."
"And I will never pressure you baby bird. If you think I'm putting too much on your plate please tell me. I want your life to be easy and relaxing."
(Y/n) cups his face and looks into his eyes.
The hero puts his hands on hers. He leans in and kisses her gently.
She kisses back and smiles softly.