𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

1759

1759

Please don't be silent readers. Comment, vote, and enjoy!

>><<

"Well, look who we have here," John B called in an accented voice as he pulled the boat up beside Pope, who was standing out at the edge of the dock spraying it down with a hose.

Wyatt chuckled at the sign beside him that read Bring it on Aggie you bitch in black spray paint.

John B cupped a hand over his mouth, keeping the other on the wheel. "We have a safety meeting. Attendance mandatory."

"I can't," Pope sighed. "My pop's got me on lockdown."

JJ cupped his mouth to mimic a radio. "Your dad's a pussy. Over."

"Oh, I heard that, you little bastard," Heyward said, coming up behind his son with a rake.

"Come on, Heyward, we need your son," Wyatt called.

"Yeah, we need your son," JB repeated.

"Yeah, and island rules," JJ started. "Day after a hurricane's a free day."

"Who the hell made that up?" Heyward didn't sound convinced.

"Uh, Pentagon, I think. Yeah, we have security clearance. I have a card."

"Think I'm stupid?"

"I'll do it tomorrow," Pope stammered, facing his dad with pleading eyes. "I promise. Tomorrow."

"You think– No, no. Hell no. You doin' it right now."

"Get in the boat," John B whispered.

Wyatt moved from behind him to make room for Pope to jump on.

"Make a run for it," JJ tried to convince him.

"Boy, if you get in that boat–"

It worked. Pope made a quick decision and dropped his hose, running along the dock to jump in behind JB. Wyatt put a hand out to steady him when he stumbled.

"Bring your ass back up here!" Heyward called.

"I promise I'll do it tomorrow, dad. I promise," Pope said back as JJ whooped and JB waved.

Wyatt turned to Pope and gave him a fist bump as he moved to lean against the windshield.

"When you get back, you're gonna clean shrimp. You're gonna clean fish. You're gonna clean your dirty-ass room!"

"Love you, pops!" John B called back to him as he drove off. "We'll bring him back in one piece, I promise."

"And I don't like your friends!"

"Love you, too, pops!" Wyatt called back with a wave.

Heyward only shook his head and turned around.

"Look at you, Pope," Wyatt said with a smile. "I think this is the beginning of a rebellious phase."