Colours

3rd person//

Johnnys life had always been dull. It was like only seeing in black and white.

His parents completely disregard him as a human. The only time they paid attention to him, was when they were beating him, or yelling at him.

His parents are alcoholics. They're always screaming at each other. Sleeping around with other people.

Johnny didn't care at this point. He expected to be beat and yelled at as soon as he stepped foot in the door of his house.

No one really payed mind to him, actually. He was the quiet one.

The only friend he had was Dallas Winston. And he was usually in and out of jail, not being able to hang with Johnny very often.

"Dally, I feel so lonely. With you in and out of jail, and my parents hating me, I have no one."

"Would you be up for meeting new people?"

"If you think I'm gonna go and try to make friends with some rando on the street, then you're more than wro-"

"No. I meant my friends."

"You have friends other than Tim and buck?"

"Yeah no shit. It's like a gang. There's Darry, Soda, Pony, who I think you would get along most with, twobit, and Steve. Darry, Soda, and pony are brothers. Their parents died a few years back so Darry, the oldest, took legal custody of Pony and Soda."

"Twobit? Soda? Pony?"

"Oh, his real name is Keith, but everyone calls him twobit. Ponyboy is his real name, and Sodapop is as well. They had unique parents."

"Interesting. What's Pony like?"

"He's not like every other greaser. He pays attention to the small things. He's smart, book wise. Street wise, not so much. He's nice though. He's 15. Very unique kid."

"Can I meet him?"

"Sure. Let's go."

Johnny and Dally walked from the lot to the Curtis' house. He was kind of nervous.

Dally just walked right in, catching Johnny off guard. He expected him to knock. But then again it is Dallas Winston.

"Hey y'all, I brought someone for you to meet."

Johnny shyly waved and gave an awkward smile.

"He's lonely. I'm like his only friend. His name is Johnny."

Then pony walked in immediately catching Johnnys eye.

"Oh hey Pone, this is Johnny. I told him about you and he seemed awfully into you if you know what I mean."

Dally winked at him.

"Dallas! I just said I wanted to meet him!"

Pony looked at Johnny and smiled.

"It's nice to meet you Johnny. You're very pretty."

And he walked to his room. Johnny turned as red as a rose.

"Ooooh he thinks you're cute."

"Dal leave the kid alone. I'm Darryl. You can call me Darry if you want."

He shook johnnys hand.

"Twobit, nice to meet you."

"Hi..."

"That fucker is Steve. He's kind of a bitch."

"Shut it Dallas. It's good to meet you Johnny."

"You too."