Save me

3rd person//

Johnny didn't know what love and affection was. He had never felt it before.

His parents beat on him and degraded him consistently. He didn't have any friends. Yes, he was still in school, but he was often skipping, so he never talked to anyone, and his parents had no care in the world what he did. They've made it clear countless times that whether Johnny was dead, in jail, or seriously injured, they wouldn't care.

Not to mention the fact that his parents don't love each other at all. They're constantly cheating on each other, and when they're not, they scream at each other.

Johnny had grown used to this routine. Sleep at the lot, try to go home, get screamed at and or beat, go to his room, then leave again at night because that's when his dad got home. And he didn't want to be around for that, knowing what would happen.

And Johnny never really went anywhere either. Sometimes he wouldn't even eat.

He was to scared to try to eat at home, so when he was there he would steal money from his parents, and go to a gas station or a diner.

It was about 7 pm maybe a little later, meaning his dad would be home any minute.

Johnny grabbed some cash, and snuck out of his window, then headed for the nearest gas station. He wasn't looking for much. Maybe just some chips or a hotdog.

He looked around for something. Anything. Then two people walked into the same aisle as him.

"I'm telling you Dal, he's got it out for you man. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if he shot and killed ya."

(Well....)

"Yeah, I'm sure he would."

Dal rolled his eyes.

"Keith, if he wanted to kill me he woulda done it by now."

"Yeah well, he looked awfully angry when I last saw him."

"Yeah yeah whatever, it'll be the same as it always is. We fight, he forgets about it, and we move on until I do it again."

"You just love looking for fights huh?"

"Only interesting thing to do around here."

Johnny listened intently, wondering why someone would want to get beat. It's not fun at all.

Johnny looked down while trying to walk out the aisle, scared to get into any altercation with the two boys.

As he was walking he accidentally bumped into one of them. Johnny looked up petrified.

"I- I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to, I should've been paying attention, I'm really sorry!"

"Woah chill kid, I'm not gonna bite ya. Why are you so timid?"

"I just don't want any trouble, I get enough as is..."

"What do ya mean kid?"

"I don't have the best parents. Sorry again."

Johnny walks to the register.

"Sorry kiddo, not enough, you're two dollars short."

"Shit. That's fine, I don't need it anyway. Thanks."

And Johnny walked out. He started heading home, hoping his folks were passed out or something.

Just then someone grabbed his arm. Johnny quickly pulled his arm away, terrified.

"Relax, it's just us again. I bought you your food."

Dal handed him a bag with food in it.

"Why?"