Why I Am

Johnnys POV

Do ever forget you're a person? Like, just completely blank out the fact that you have feelings?

Do you ever feel like you shouldn't be getting the love you get? Like you're not deserving of it?
___________________________

I'm sitting at the lot again, listening to my parents scream. I'm sure everyone 4 blocks down can here it. I've gotten used to it. It's just what happens when you've dealt with it for 16 years.

It's storming. Raining heavily. It doesn't bother me. I love storms. They're peaceful to me. I know, odd how a storm can be peaceful, but it just is.

Usually Pony would be with me, but Darry doesn't want him out in a storm, especially at night.

I wish I had someone who cared if I got sick, or hurt, or even killed. Well, the gang does, but it's different. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that they love me, but it's not like a parent love.

I want a mom who would bring me soup in bed because I have a cold. Or a dad who would bandage my wounds and teach me how to fight back. Or a mom who would run me a hot bath when I'm sick.

But I don't have that. My parents don't even feed me. My dad tells me I'm useless when I get hurt. My dad hurts me.

"Johnny, man, why are you out in a storm?"

I look and see Dally and Two, in Twos car.

"Parents."

"You know you're welcome at my, or the Curtis' house, right?"

"I know Two. Just don't want to be a bother."

"Come on man, we were just heading to their house now."

"It's alright."

"Now, before I drag you into this car."

"Alright, alright I'm coming."

I walk over to the car and get in.

"Sorry."

"For what?"

"Getting your car seats wet."

"Don't worry about it man."

We pull into the drive way and hurry inside.

"Johnny, why are you all soaked? Were you staying out in the rain again?..."

"Uh, yeah, yeah I was."

"Johnny....come on let's get you some dry clothes."

"Ok..."

I follow Pony up the stairs to his room. I stand there, not wanting to sit on anything and get it wet, while he rummages through the drawers. He pulls some stuff out and walks over to me.

"Here. They might be a little big, but at least they're dry."

"Thank you Pone."

"Mhm, I'll wait outside the door while you change."

"Ok."

He walks out and closes the door behind him.

I slip out of my wet jeans, boxers, and shirt. I put on the clothes he gave me. He was right. They're a little big. But at least they aren't wet.

"I'm done!"

He walks back in.

"Are you hungry? We have some stuff from dinner left over."

"No, it's alright."

"Are you sure?"

"Mhm."

"Well, are you tired? You can sleep in here with me. Soda's at Steves house."