A Lot Can change In Twenty Seconds

Ponyboys POV

"Your new targets name is Johnathan Cade. His address is Penrith Willows 4490. He has black hair, black eyes, and he's tan. He's twenty two."

"Ok. Thanks." I put my mask on, grab my gun, and head out. His house is about an hour away from here. I reach the street he lives on and park farther down so he doesn't see my car. I get out and start walking towards his house. It's a nice house. He must be rich. I climb onto the balcony and look inside.

He's sitting on his bed watching TV. I search for a way to get in without him hearing me. I find an open window and climb through. I peer into his bedroom and raise my gun and aim towards his head. He starts to get up and I panick. I search for a place to hide but I don't find one so I stay against the wall, trying not to breathe. He walks past me. I need to get out of here. I turn and start to walk back towards the stairs. Suddenly my gun is taken from me.

I freeze.

"Put your fucking hands in the air." I slowly raise my hands. "Who are you?" I don't answer. "If you don't tell me who you are right now, I shoot."

"My name is...." I need to come up with a fake name. "Arlo. My name is Arlo."

"Arlo what?"

"Curtis."

"You're fucking lying to me. I know Darryl Curtis. He sent you here to kill me. You're one of his brothers. Now, I'm gonna ask one more time. Who are you?"

"Pony."

"Face me and get on your knees."

(Woah, Johnny. Calm down, y'all just met)

I face him and get on my knees.

"Hands behind your back." I put my hands behind my back. He walks over and cuffs me then stands me up and brings me to his room. He handcuffs me to the closet door.

"You know you can't just keep me here. My brothers will know somethings up."

(This is extremely similar to the mafia AU)

"Well then I'll wait till they get here, handsome."

"Handsome?"

"Yeah."

"Are you flirting with me?"

"Maybe, maybe not." He walks to his bed and lays down, turning the TV back on. This is stupid. And Darry is going to have my fucking head when he gets me back. I stare at him. Well, more like I glare at him. He looks over at me. "Glaring at me isn't gonna set you free."

"Asshole."

"Mmm. You're the one who was trying to kill me, so."

"How long am I going to fucking be here?"

"As long as it takes for your brothers to take you back."

"These cuffs are hurting my wrists." I wiggle my wrists around to try and reposition the cuffs. "And the floor is getting uncomfortable."

"Shouldn't have tried to kill me."

"You're a dick."

"Mhm." I roll my eyes. I stare at the ground. I think for a minute. Why does Darry want me to kill him? And why does Johnny know me and Soda?

"What's your beef with my brother."

"Shit that happened a long time ago that he can't seem to let go." I study his face. He's actually really pretty. Not handsome. Pretty. But in my opinion, pretty is better. He looks at me again. "Why are you staring at me?" I quickly look away.