Tolerate It

Johnny's POV

I sit and watch him reading with his head low. I wake and watching him breathing with his eyes closed. I sit and watch him. I notice everything he does or doesn't do.

"I wait by the door like I'm just a kid! Use my best colours for your portrait! Lay the table with the fancy shit! And watch you tolerate it!"

"Johnny."

"If it's all in my head tell me now. Tell me I've got it wrong somehow," he says, a look of desperation. "I know my love should be celebrated, but you tolerate it."

"Johnny listen-"

"I greet you with a battle hero's, welcome. I take your indiscretions all in good fun! I sit and listen, I polish plates until they glim and glisten!"

"Johnny, come on."

"Stop! Stop putting me through this!" I storm out.

Months later

Pony walks in.

"Johnny, we need to talk."

"About what? About how you've been out living your life while I've been here dwelling in my own sadness? Because YOU don't want to admit that you don't love me the way you should?"

"Johnny-"

"No! While you were out building other worlds where was I?! Where's that man who'd throw blankets over my barbed wire!? God! I made you my temple, my mural, my fucking sky! Now I'm begging for footnotes in the story of your life! Drawin' hearts in the byline! Always taking up too much space or time!"

"Johnny, I thought-"

"I know! You assume I'm fine, but what would you do if I fucking break free and leave us in ruins!" He says, pointing between the two. "Took this dagger in me and removed it! Gain the weight of you then lose it! Believe me, I could fucking do it," he puts his head down in defeat. "If it's all in my head, tell me now...Tell me I've got it wrong somehow..I know my love should be celebrated, but you tolerate it..."

___________________________
                  A/N
Literally one of my fav Taylor songs. I've also been really into The lakes  and Evermore (the song and the album) let me know if you want oneshots based of those two songs.

Oh also I didn't include the lyric 'You're so much older and wiser' because Pony isn't older than Johnny.

Also give me long story ideas instead of these Itty bitty ones