Learning to love again

Suicidal will be mentioned a lot during this. Keep in mind.

3rd person//

Johnathan Cade, wasn't the most outgoing, or the most loving, or the most talkative. But it wasn't his fault.

His parents were deadbeats. They abused him, both mentally and physically. They would throw harsh words at him whilst beating him with anything they could get their hands on, or even just their hands.

They didn't love eachother. They were consistently screaming at eachother, cheating on eachother, abusing eachother.

Which is why Johnny had a hard time loving, or showing affection. He simply, didn't know how to.

He was never shown love or affection from anyone.
___________________________
Johnnys POV

That is until I met the gang.

They're more of a family to me than my parents ever could be.

Keith, otherwise known as twobit, is the wisecracker of the gang. He's always trying to get his twobits worth in. Hence the Nickname. He is very nice though.

Dallas, Dally, is the tough one of the group. I haven't seen him cry the entire time I've known him. He's one of my best friends. I practically worship the ground he walks on. He cares for me a lot even though he doesn't want to admit it.

Steve, he's smart. He's also really good with cars. He fixes cars faster than you can blink. He's kind of mean. He's Sodapops best friend.

Sodapop, he's the nice one. He's not really smart, infact, he dropped out of high-school after his and his brothers parents died. He's really caring though, he loves all of us a lot.

Darryl, Darry, is basically the leader. He's like the dad of the group. He takes care of his brothers on his own, since their parents died. He's Sodapops brother. They have one more brother.

Ponyboy, God he's amazing. He's very smart. He's a reader to. He notices the small things. He's different from the rest of the greasers. He's unique. He's my best friend to.

They all treat me like I'm their kid brother. I'm basically the gangs pet.

They all call me Johnnycake, I don't know why, but I think it has something to do with my last name, Cade.
___________________________

I walk into the Curtis' house, and see Pony on the couch, reading, as always. I get more anxious then usual when I'm around him, but I try to play it off.

"Hey Pone."

"Hey Johnnycake."

I sit on the couch next to him.

"Whatcha reading?"

"To kill a mockingbird."

"What's it about?"

"A man defending a black man against false rape accusations, while two kids play out their own miniaturized drama, then they take interest in the towns recluse who communicates with them by leaving small gifts in a tree."

"Oh, wow, that was a lot to take in."

"Yeah, you just have to read it to really understand."

"What page are you on?"

"One hundred and eighty seven."

"Is it good?"

"Yeah."

"Is it to good to put down and pay attention to me?"

He scoffs and puts a bookmark on his page then puts the book down.