Sit And Look Pretty

You'll understand the title by the end of the book.

3rd person

Pony walked down the street in the chilly air, the snow crunching beneath his feet with every step. He loved winter time because he loved Christmas. He loved seeing all the lights on light poles and on buildings. Believe it or not, he even loved the cold. He loved being able to wrap up in warm blankets with a cup of hot chocolate. He just loved the feeling of winter. The vibe of it.

He was on his way to return a book from the library. He was hoping they had the second book in the series. They did last time he was there. He opened the door and heard the little jingle from the bell above him. He was hoping to see his favorite librarian there. He'd been there so often, he grew a bond with the lady working there. But when he walked to the counter, she wasn't there.

Instead, a boy was there. He was about medium height. A little shorter than Pony. He had jet black hair, with shaggy bangs that fell over his forehead. He also had large black eyes that made him look like a puppy dog. He had tan skin.

"Hi!" The boy said. He seemed very upbeat.

"Hello. I'm here to return a book," Pony said, handing him the book.

"Alright, thank you! Are you looking for any specific book?"

"Uh, yeah. Do you have the second book in that series?"

"Yes! It was just returned today! It should be in the nonfiction section on aisle 4."

"Thank you."

"Of course!"

Pony wondered where the lady was. The boy looked like her. Maybe he was her son. Pony grabbed the book and headed back to the counter.

"Hey, um..."

"Johnny."

"Johnny. Where's the lady that usually works here?"

"Ah, my mom. She's sick, so I offered to cover for her."

"I figured y'all are related. You look a lot alike. Do you usually work here?"

"Yeah. But I normally just do assistant stuff. Like answer phone calls, process library materials, stuff like that."

"Oh. That explains why I've never seen you around."

"Yeah, well, I'm also in college, so I'm not usually here until late. I skipped classes today so I could cover for my mom."

"How old are you?"

"Eighteen. You?"

"Seventeen."

"Ah, so still in high-school?"

"Yup. Sadly."

"Well, it's not as bad as college, I can tell you that much."

"What are you studying?"

"Law. I plan on being a lawyer."

"Cool. Is it hard?"

"Eh. Sometimes. Depends on what we're doing." Pony nods. "Oh, sorry. Here's your book." He smiled at Pony.

"Thank you."

"No problem!" Pony walked out. He was hoping he would get to see the boy around sometime. He was quite nice. Pony walked up his porch steps and into his house.

"I'm home!" He called out. He took his coat off and put it on the coat hook, along with his scarf. He slipped his shoes off and headed to his room. He placed his book onto his desk. He changed into some sweatpants and then walked out to the kitchen where Darry was making dinner.