Chapter 71

Ale agreed to come have brunch with us tomorrow around 11 which honestly world perfectly because Abby is picking Jay up at 9 because he has a doctors appointment at 10. Ivan and I cleaned where we ate and now we were getting ready for bed. I had him go make the bottle while I changed Jay into his mickey mouse pjs.

Ivan's POV

I was walking up the stairs with the bottle for Jay when I heard Charlotte talking. I walked over to the room and stayed leaning on the door frame. She was changing Jay while she talked to him.

"You know auntie has baby here" she said pointing to her stomach. I smiled and continued to observe her. "You are going to have a little cousin," she said, touching his nose. She picked him up and slid on his onesie and kissed his cheek. She looked over to the door and smiled at me. "How long have you been there?" she asked and I shrugged. I leaned forward and kissed her. She finished Jays onesie and quietly clapped, causing me to chuckle.

"Little man, you are ready for bed!" she said to Jay and picked him up. She extended her hand to me, silently asking me to hand her the bottle and I did. I layed on the bed while I watched her feed Jay his bottle while she carried him around the room trying to put him to sleep.

She looked so beautiful being so motherly. I can't wait for when our little one comes and we can have this every night. I know that the first couple of weeks are going to be difficult, especially being new parents. But Charlotte is just... so motherly that the role is going to immediately click. It's just how Charlotte is and I love her for it. There is no one better that I would have chosen to be the mother of my kids.

About fifteen minutes of Charlotte rocking and carrying Jay around the room he finally fell asleep. She put him on his baby foldable Nest on the sectional couch we have inside the bedroom and turned the couch into a bed. She went into the bathroom and got ready for bed. She walked out and snuggled next to me.

"You looked so amazing putting him to sleep" I whispered to her and she hummed. She looked up at me and connected her lips to mine. "Thank you, my love" she whispered. "I hope I'm a good mother to our little munchkin," she said and I smiled. I kissed her forehead and spoke. "You will be" I whispered to her and she snuggled into me more. I rubbed her back and she fell asleep soon, so did I.

Charlotte's POV

I woke up and gasped for air. I looked around the room and noticed it was still a little dark which meant it was very early in the morning. I looked over to Ivan and he was still asleep. I pushed the loose strands of hair behind my ear and got up. I checked my phone and noticed it was 5 am. I went to the bathroom and ran some water on my forehead. I had a nightmare.

Well more like a reminder of what happened yesterday. What he tried to do to me. And Camilla just... stood there. She was going to let him take advantage of me. How do they even know each other? I closed my eyes and took a big breath and walked to the closet and put on some leggings and a sports bra.

I went downstairs quietly and picked up Jay's toys from the ground, putting them back into his bag. I cleaned around the house and washed some dishes from last night. I gave Milly and Marta this week off so they can go visit their families because we were going to be home so I was planning on cooking this whole week. I checked the time and it was 6:30am so I went outside to workout a little.

I went and stretched for about 10 minutes and went on the treadmill. I have been on the treadmill for about 30 minutes. I don't want to do any workouts that are too strong because I don't want it to affect the baby but I still like working out because it helps to distract me and think.

I looked up and saw Ivan approach me carrying Jay who smiled as soon as he saw me. I smiled back at them and waved. "Good morning" Ivan said, I paused the treadmill, got off and kissed him. "Good morning" I said and then kissed Jay on the cheek.

"How long have you been awake?" Ivan asked worriedly. I looked away and got back on the treadmill. "Not long" I lied, I don't want him to worry for me all the time. "Charlotte" he said, his voice was warning me and telling me to say the truth. "I woke up around 5" I finally said, stopping the treadmill and sitting on the bench with my elbows on my knees. Ivan came and sat next to me with Jay on his lap.

"Want to talk about it?" he asked and I nodded. I know that talking about it will help so I agreed. "Yeah, I'm just going to shower and Justin is on his way to pick up Jay. He decided to pick him up earlier so I packed everything. I'm going to shower so can you give Justin the baby and his stuff and we can talk about it?" I suggested and he smiled at me nodding. I got up and went upstairs to shower.

Published 08/17/2022