Chapter 74

After the call with the gynecologist I went to the kitchen to make sure that everything was clean. I told Marta and Millie that I'd called them when Ale and Tony got here so they could make some omelets and breakfast burritos.

I started to wipe down the dining table one more time when I heard Ivan enter the dining room. He came next to me and pulled me by my waist. I placed the cloth on the table and put my hands to rest on his shoulder. He kissed me gently and I smiled.

"How are you feeling?" he asked and I shrugged. "I don't know, I feel okay... I'm sorry again for this morning. I shouldn't have overreacted" I sighed looking at his chest, trying to avoid eye contact. Ivan lifted my chin up and smiled at me. "Baby, it's okay. I understand that after yesterday your emotions aren't doing so great." he said and I nodded. "Plus I think that the pregnancy is also making me a little bit sensitive." I said , sighing and Ivan nodded. "I know baby" he said and I leaned in to kiss his lips. I pulled away and I placed my head on his chest. "Thank you for understanding and being so supportive baby" I said looking back up at him. "I love you, we'll get through this... together" he said, I smiled at him and shook my head.

"What did the doctor say?" Ivan asked me worriedly. I smiled at him and responded. "She said that she doesn't think there's anything especially since I went to the hospital and they let me leave. She just said that if I start to have small bleeding go to the ER immediately" I said and he nodded. I kissed his lips gently and he hummed in response.

Ivan's phone rang, he pulled away  and he answered it. He talked for like 30 seconds and hung up. "It was Tony they're here" he said and I immediately started to quickly walk to the door. I heard Ivan laugh at my behavior but I didn't care because I wanted to see my little Caleb. Waverly, Ivan and I are Caleb's godparents and I could not be happier and honored. I opened the door and immediately took Caleb from Ale's hold.

"Hi little mister! You've gotten so big since the last time I saw you!" I quietly said in my baby voice while I walked inside with him. I heard Ivan and Tony laugh behind me and Ale spoke. "I swear you have a kid and your best friends forget you exist when you visit" she said crossing her arms at me. I immediately went to her and pulled her into an embrace. It's been so long since I've seen Ale. I think like 2 weeks because she's still on maternity leave and I haven't had time to go visit.

"I've missed you so much" I said while Ivan took Caleb from me, I quickly wrapped my arms around Ale and hugged her tightly. "I missed you Char" she said, hugging me back. We went to the living room and I called Millie and Marta letting them know to start making the food.

"How have you been?" I asked Ale who was leaning on Tony on one end of the couch. I was cuddled with Ivan while holding the baby on the other end. "Tired. I'm exhausted but it's all worth it. As soon as I remember my little family everything goes away" she said looking up at Tony, he leaned down and kissed Ale and me and Ivan smiled at each other, knowing soon we will have our little munchkin.

I put Caleb in his little baby nest on the other couch since he fell asleep. I walked over to one of the drawers on the TV stand and pulled out a small box that had the pregnancy test and the picture of our little munchkin. I placed it in front of Tony and Ale and sat down on Ivan's lap. Tony and Ale looked at me so confused and I started to laugh.

"Open it" I said smiling. Ivan kissed my cheek. And placed his hand on my stomach. Ale grabbed the box and took the lid off, she immediately looked at me with wide eyes and a huge grin formed on her face. "OH MY GOD!" she whispered, so that she didn't wake Caleb up. I started to nod and she got up hugging me. Tony hugged Ivan and then me while Ale hugged Ivan.

"I'm going to be an auntie!" Ale said and I nodded crying and hugging her again. I heard her sniffle and pulled away to see that she was also crying. "I'm so happy for you Char" she said and hugged her again. "Thank you, for being my best friend and being with me through the hardest and also most happiest moments of my life" I whispered to her and she nodded, kissing my cheek. We composed ourselves and went to the dining room to start having brunch.

"So how far along are you?" Tony asked half way through the meal. "She is actually 10 weeks today" Ivan responded and I sent him a smile which he returned. The rest of the brunch I told them about the symptoms I've had and I told them what happened yesterday and when I said that Ale was furious she was breathing fire. We finished eating and went to the living room again. Caleb woke up and I carried him around the room.

"You're going to be an amazing mom" Ale said, gaining my attention and I smiled. "Thank you" I said and placed Caleb back in his car seat since they were getting ready to leave. I hugged Ale and Tony goodbye and they left. I looked at the time and it was 1 pm. Me and Ivan walked upstairs and went to the room. I decided to shower again because... well you know.

"What do you want to do for the rest of the day?" Ivan asked me while I placed myself next to him on the bed. I kissed him on the lips and smirked at him. "A ton of sex" I said and he smirked back kissing me. "I don't mind," he said and we both broke out in a laugh and layed back down. "I'm so tired and I haven't even done anything today" I said, snuggling myself next to him. "Well you worked out today and cleaned a little, plus you're pregnant" he said and I looked at him. "Baby, being pregnant has nothing to do with this" I said and he shook his head. "It has everything to do with this, you get tired easier when you are pregnant plus all the changes in emotions causes you to feel mentally drained" he said and I thought about it. "Well that's true, physically I'm fine but I'm just mentally exhausted" I said and he started to rub my back. He turned on the TV and eventually I closed my eyes and let the sleepiness take over my body.

Published 08/22/2022