CHAPTER 6

PRESENT TIME...

CASSANDRA

I yawned for the nth time this morning, even if I already had my second cup of coffee my sleep-deprived self still couldn't function smoothly. This was Calix's fault if he didn't go above and beyond with his relentless seduction last night I shouldn't be falling asleep in my office this morning.

Seriously, he'd been in town for weeks now, and almost every day he'd go to my place or I would go to his and spend the night having sex not just in bed but in other places I didn't know possible before. Right now, I am so experienced when it comes to sex that I could write an erotic novel thanks to Calix.

But it became our rule not to spend the whole night in each other's place to avoid gossip and the sense of familiarity of having someone spending the whole night in your bed. We have to remember that this was a liaison and not a real relationship between two people who were dating for real.

"I just want to take a nap," I muttered to myself while staring sightlessly at my laptop. I should be focusing on the art exhibit we will be having at the art gallery next month instead of thinking about how nice it would be to take some time to lie down somewhere. I sat up straight on my swivel chair when someone knocked on my office door. "Come in."

Kate Sharpe, the gallery assistant peeked her brunette head in my doorway with a huge grin on her face. "Hi, am I interrupting you?"

I shook my head and returned the smile. "No. You are not. Please come in."

She waltzed her way inside my office. She was in her mid-twenties with an impressive curriculum vitae. She loves art probably more than I do. She was hired in this art gallery years ago and we hit off instantly the moment I was hired here because of our love for fashion and art. Also, she was close to my age which was why we got along so well.

I watched her sit on the chair across my table and then frowned when she saw my face. "Are you okay? There are dark circles under your eyes."

I waved my hand dismissively as I became self-conscious about my under-eye area. I think I should have put on concealer before I get to work. "Oh, it's nothing. Don't mind me."

Concerned marked her face. "The upcoming exhibit is making you sleepless at night, isn't it? You must be pressured."

I laughed at her genuine concern, it was on the tip of my tongue to correct her that it was not the coming exhibit that was keeping me sleepless at night. But I think she would be scandalized knowing that I've been in a secret affair with a man that I haven't even dated. It would be better to keep that information to myself since I didn't want the tabloids to have a field day knowing that a dutiful daughter like me was having an illicit affair with the womanizer Calix Spiridakou was something to talk about.

Seeing that Kate was still waiting for my answer I gave her a reassuring smile. "Not really, something just came up last night that's why I am a bit sleepy this morning."

"Ah..." My workmate nodded in sympathy and then her eyes narrowed in my neck. "Hey, is that a hickey on your neck, Cassie?!"

It felt like my heart dropped into the pit of my stomach as I consciously covered my neck using my hand. I fought the sudden urge to run to the nearest mirror to check it with my own eyes. I chuckled, even to my ear that sound was so off. "Oh, you must be mistaken. How can I possibly have a hickey on my neck when I don't even have a boyfriend? This must be a hive. You know, I am always susceptible to rashes."

Rashes, also known as Calix 'The Incorrigible' Spiridakou.

"I see."

If Calix was only standing in front of me right now, I have this sudden urge to strangle his neck for giving me a hickey. How could I have to hide it throughout the day when I didn't have any scarf with me today? Oh no, this was so embarrassing. I just wished that I bring some concealer with me.