CHAPTER 20

CASSANDRA

"Cass?"

"Hmm?" My breath was caught when I suddenly felt a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist as I tried to make coffee the next morning.

Calix stood behind my back, his arms wrapped around me while resting his chin on my shoulder. He was walking around my penthouse half-naked--not that I was complaining. "We're okay now, right? As in okay, okay?"

I couldn't help but chuckle hearing the desperation in his voice. I didn't understand this guy when it came to our relationship he seemed always unsure as if he was probably thinking that it would end in the blink of an eye.

I turned around facing him still laughing. "I believe so. After what happened between us last night I am surprised that you are still asking me that."

He threw a disapproving look in my direction still refusing to let go of me. "I am just making sure, my love. What if everything is just a dream? Or I am just imagining things."

I shook my head in disbelief. "I don't think you're imagination is that wide."

"Hey, are you mocking me?" His thick brows drew together.

I wrapped my arms around his neck while there was a small smile playing on my lips. I tiptoed so I could reach him and planted a quick kiss on his lips. "There. Still have doubts, Mister?"

"You call that a kiss?" He mocked. Before I could say anything he lifted me and placed me on the marble countertops. "Let me show you a proper kiss in the morning."

I giggled but it wasn't long before his mouth claimed mine in a heated kiss that sent my knees to buckle. From the corner of my eye, I saw my espresso was already done but I could not do anything. My eyes fluttered shut on their own accord as I rested my hands on his shoulder answering his kiss with equal passion.

When his kiss turned aggressive his mouth became demanding wanting to get access fully to my mouth which I obliged readily. He snaked his tongue inside my mouth teasing and dwelling with my tongue.

A low moan escaped my throat when his hand started making its way inside my clothes.

This time, I regretfully stopped his hand from its exploration and broke the kiss too. We were both breathing hard.

"W-We need to stop or I will be late to work," I informed him sadly.

He rested his forehead against mine while still trying to catch his breath. "I know. I'm sorry, I got carried away."

"Time to fix our breakfast," I suggested brightly trying to disperse the sexual tension in the kitchen.

"In a moment, my love," he answered, breathing heavily. "I can't seem to move from my position. Please give me a moment to recover."

It took me a moment to understand what he meant and I slid my gaze down to the huge bulge between his thigh. And then, a naughty idea crossed my mind.

"You are not helping," he protested hoarsely.

I brought back my gaze to his eyes. I saw that his blue eyes were still dark with desire. I bit my bottom lip warily. "Do you want me to help you with that?"

His eyebrows drew together as if I just suggested that I could fly to the moon. "W-What do you mean...?"

I pointed to his stiff erection inside his pants. "I said I will help you with your problem."

"How...?"

I smiled saucily. Instead of answering, I went down to the kitchen countertop and started unbuttoning his pants.