CHAPTER 9

CASSANDRA

"Cass..."

"Hmm?" I turned around to look at him and at that moment the flash of his camera caught me off guard. He had done it again, taking photos of me when I least expected it. "I am starting to get irritated with that," I commented as I went back to look at the New York skyline on my balcony late at night. I had been admiring the glittering nighttime in the city after our dinner in my penthouse.

"Oh, just ignore me. Pretend that I am not here," Calix replied sanguinely, lowering his camera for a moment before taking a few snaps of me once again.

Since that night he taught me how to cook it became a routine that he always had his camera whenever he went to visit me almost every night. I let out a loud sigh as if I was truly peeved when in reality I was just self-conscious knowing that I was not photogenic as he believed. What if all of my photographs turned out bad and awkward? I didn't want to be the subject of his amusement. "You know what? I think I am starting to regret our deal about this."

"You are doing just fine." He said finally lowering his camera and placing it carefully on the table nearby.

I looked at him dubiously while watching him come closer to where I was standing with narrowed eyes. I knew that he was just telling me that so I would still allow him to take photos of me in the future. It didn't help the fact that he refused to let me see the photos he had taken of me and the fact that he likes to take pictures of me that were stolen. He claimed that he likes to capture the moment when I was in my natural element which made me more conscious of my actions whenever he was around.

From practicing my knife skills in the kitchen, reading books in the living room, or admiring the city from my balcony every time he had the opportunity he would take snaps of me when I least expected it.

"Loosen up a bit, will you?" He suggested, tucking some strands of my hair at the back of my ear when he finally stood toe to toe with me. "You look all pretty in your photos. Nothing to worry about."

I scoffed, raising an eyebrow in his direction and giving him a challenging look. "Oh really? Then, why do you refuse to let me see my pictures on your camera?"

The corner of his mouth tugged with a smirk but he immediately stopped it from showing when he saw the way I scowled in his direction. "You're not doing something funny with my pictures, right?"

"Of course not."

"Hmph!" I turned my back on him and stared once again at the vibrant and gleaming city below me. I even crossed my arms in the middle of my chest pretending to be mad at him.

My heart palpitated when he suddenly pressed his body on my back while his hands spread apart on the concrete railing trapping me in my place. He was practically caging me in his arms. I couldn't move.

"Are you mad at me, Cass?" He asked on the top of my head. He was towering over me with his height. My height barely managed to reach his jawline even when standing with heels.

"No. I am not," I replied while fully aware of how my heart hammering so hard. Even my breathing became uneven as he was standing this close to me. I didn't know when it started but lately, I felt uneasy whenever he was next to me which I haven't felt before!

"I think you are annoyed."

I forgot how to breathe when he lowered his head and placed a kiss on the side of my neck. I still didn't give any reaction but was fully aware of how I prevented myself from moaning.

"Still mad, baby?" He asked in a coaxing voice. It took every ounce of my self-control not to react since I knew a simple kiss would lead to another and before I knew it I was naked in bed with him that was how lethal he was with his seduction. Even if, I resisted I would still end up in bed with him at the end of the day. That was the effect of Calix Spiridakou on me—not that he was aware of it and I have no plans of telling him that.