CHAPTER 14

CASSANDRA

"You got to be kidding, right?" I asked with a horrified expression while looking at him. Here I was, having breakfast with Calix the following morning after following him in his hotel suite after he told me to. Call me weak or anything but for some reason, I couldn't say no to him. "I already treat you to dinner that night. Why are you bringing it up again?"

He shrugged casually while intently looking at me, there was also a small smile playing on the corner of his lips. "Well, for one thing, that was not exactly what kind of dinner I had envisioned us having that night. It was takeout from our favorite restaurant and we ate on the balcony of your apartment—not that I am complaining."

"So what are you saying right now?" I asked curiously while giving him a distrustful look.

This time he gave me a full-watt smile. It was a kind of smile that no woman can resist. "Well, I want to renegotiate the terms of our agreement."

I shook my head as I sipped my coffee. "I don't think I like where this is heading," I paused before giving him a look. "I have a bad feeling about this."

"Oh, come on, Cass, don't be so pessimistic." He cajoled still smiling at me as if he couldn't do evil things in this world.

I sat back on my chair, crossing my arms in my middle while staring at him with a guarded look. I still didn't know if this was a good idea to stay late at his hotel suite when I should have gone before daybreak to avoid unwanted rumors. "Fine. Let's hear it."

He gave me a disarming grin that made something inside my chest. "I am thinking instead of a candlelight dinner in a fancy restaurant how about you'll become my model for my photography today?"

My eyes widened considerably. I knew he was thinking some weird things again. I began to shake my head once again as I thought of the possibility that would happen if I agreed to his ridiculous idea. "I don't think that will be a good idea, Calix."

"It will be fun, I promised. I want to use you as a subject for my photography." He was trying to change my mind but I was not having any of it.

I looked him straight in the eyes. "That's dangerous. In case you have forgotten we are in Greece right now, this is not New York our every move is being watched here. Think about the unwanted gossip about us. I thought we're going to play our affair low-key?"

He rolled his blue eyes at me as if I was being silly. "Of course, I haven't forgotten. I was thinking of whisking you away to an island that is not frequented by tourists. I know a place where no know would recognize both of us."

"Still..." I bit my bottom lip as I contemplated silently his tempting offer. I have to admit that it was alluring to be with him in a place where no one knew about us. I haven't had time to spend with him outside my apartment or his apartment back in New York. I usually, work during the day at the gallery and my free time to see him was at night and we were usually in bed spending the night between sheets. So his offer was so appetizing to resist.

"Oh, come on, Cass, are you going to turn me down with this?"

I glanced at him with a weak resolve. He was good at this, trying to cajole me into things I wasn't even sure it was safe for this liaison we both entered. I sighed deeply searching for an answer in his magnetic eyes. "I don't understand your fascination to take my photos knowing that I am uncomfortable posing in front of a camera. As I said countless times in the past I am sure that plenty of women would willing to pose for you for free."

"It's you that I want to capture not them," he stated with a firm tone. I shot him a surprised look and then he added, "Will you allow me to capture you in photos—that is?"