CHAPTER 42

CASSANDRA

I examined the ring that glinted on my left hand. Whenever I moved my hand it glinted under the sun. It still felt that the whole thing was just a dream.

When breath was caught when a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist. "Your engagement ring will melt if you keep on staring at it like that."

I rested my head on his chest and sighed contently. "It is still surreal to me that we are now engaged. This is not a prank, isn't it?"

A low rumble of laughter echoed in his chest. "Of course not. Where did you get that."

My heart beat wildly in my chest when he rested his chin on my shoulder. "I didn't expect that you would propose last night. I have no idea."

"My love," he stated with laughter in his voice. "It can't be called a proposal if you knew about it. Of course, it needs to be a surprise, don't you think?"

"Since when did you start planning about it?" I asked curiously, enjoying our current position while looking at the calm sea outside his penthouse window.

"Ah, it's a secret." He replied with a secretive smile on his face.

I frowned at him but didn't press him to reveal since everything he prepared was beyond my expectations. He claimed that he wasn't a romantic type at the start of our relationship but then he pulled this kind of proposal.

"Cass?"

"Hmm?"

He guided me to turn around so I could face him. I stared at his gleaming blue eyes. He tucked the hair that was covering the side of my face at the back of my ear. "There's something I forgot to do."

I eyed him inquisitively. "What is it?"

He grinned at me before giving me a quick smooch. "Good morning, my love."

I couldn't help but snicker while shaking my head. This guy was something else. "Is that what you forgot to do?"

"Of course," he answered while there was a wicked glint in his eyes. "I promised myself that I have to kiss you good morning and good night for the rest of our lives."

I raised my brow at him. "Really?"

"Yes. Why don't believe me?" There was a false grief in his voice.

I grinned at him. "I didn't say that."

He scowled in my direction. "Are you mocking me, Cass?"

I hooked my arms around his nape. The smile on my face was still there. "Oh, I wouldn't dare, Mr. Spiridakou."

That brought a smile on his face he pulled me to his body until nothing separated us. "Soon you're going to be Mrs. Spiridakou. Are you okay with that?"

My brows drew together while searching for his face. "What do you mean?"

He shrugged nonchalantly, his eyes held unholy light in their depth. "You know, you once had your heart broken by a Spiridakou."

I stared at him for a long moment before I burst out laughing. I shook my head in disbelief. "Are you being serious right now?"

"Why are you laughing?" He grimaced in my direction.

"Don't tell me that you haven't yet moved on from the past?" I asked still laughing. "We are now about to get married and you are still jealous of Loukas? Unbelievable."

He scowled at me while his eyes were gleaming dangerously. "So what? Do you have any idea how irritated I was in the past watching the woman I love chase after my cousin who was still madly in love with his ex-wife?"