CHAPTER 13

CASSANDRA

It suddenly caught me off guard when he did that and as much as my anger started to melt due to his embrace I have to remember why I am mad at him in the first place. With all of the strength that I could gather, I pushed him away from me.

I saw the way his eyes filled with hurt as he looked at me. For a moment, my heart twinged knowing I was the reason why he had that kind of expression on his face at the moment. But before I would melt in his arms completely like I always do I need to clear some things with this man.

I gave him a severe look while tucking my hands in the middle of my chest. "You have some explaining to do, Mister Spiridakou. First, why didn't you bother to tell me that you are also coming to Greece this weekend? And don't you dare try to lie to me or else I will be mad at you."

He rubbed his nape warily as he temporarily looked at the floor. "It was a last-minute decision. I didn't have any plans on coming back to Greece but the thought of you going away this weekend didn't suit me well that's why I decided to go."

My eyebrows drew together. "Huh? Why?"

He spared me a glance, his expression had a hint of exasperation while looking at me. "Isn't that obvious that I want to follow you here because New York will be lonely when you're not there?"

"Then why didn't you tell me about your plans before you dropped me off at the airport? You led me to believe that we will be apart this weekend."

He gave me a sad smile that tugged the heartstrings in my chest. "Well, I want to surprise you. I know very well that I cannot travel back to Greece with you or else our little secret in New York will be exposed to the public. I am aware that we need to keep our relationship a secret here unlike in the US where no one cares about us." He shook his head with a sarcastic smile. "You don't know what kind of earful lecture I got from Loukas because I am demanding him to secure me an invitation for this charity auction last minute."

Speaking of Loukas, it reminded me of the second reason why I became angry at him tonight. The scowl on my face deepened. "Then, if you want to see me at the party why did you keep on sending me dark glares before the auction started? It seems to me that you don't want to see me at all."

The dark glare I was talking about was back in his face and this time it was more pronounced. "Isn't that obvious? I got annoyed because you kept on looking at my cousin Loukas at the party."

My lips parted with disbelief at his accusation. It took me a moment before I finally comprehended his words. "I did not!" I stated heatedly.

"Yes, you are!" he insisted while his blue eyes were dark and filled with hidden anger. "I saw the way you keep on looking in his direction while talking to your father. I was there with him so I could tell."

"I was not looking at your cousin!" I stood on my ground. I couldn't believe that he was accusing me of things I was not guilty of.

It was his turn to cross his arms in the middle of his chest while giving me a challenging look. "Liar. I was looking at you that's why I could tell that you keep on glancing in his direction. I have my eyes on you. Why are you looking at him? Do your feelings for him after seeing him again come back in an instant and you finally remember how much you love him?"

I pinched the bridge of my nose. I couldn't believe this. "For the last time...I was not looking at Loukas at the party."

He tilted his brow arrogantly in my direction. "Then whom you keep on looking at the party if it's not my cousin?"

"It's yo—" I thankfully stopped myself from blurting out in time. I looked away from his intense gaze and pointedly kept my mouth shut. There was no way in heaven that I would admit to him that it was not Loukas that I kept on looking at the party. If I have to be honest, I never even paid his cousin a single glance throughout the party—it was him that my eyes kept on watching.