SPECIAL CHAPTER 2

CASSANDRA

"I'm late."

My husband who was having breakfast looked up at me as he was about to sip his coffee. "I am not aware that you have errands this morning. You should have told me last night so I wake you up early."

That made me smile as he pulled out a chair for me on the breakfast table. Once I was seated, he dropped a kiss on the top of my head. He used to do this every day and sometimes I felt that he was spoiling me too much.

I shook my head and mentally debated if I should tell him about this or if it was too early. The last thing I wanted was for him to hope again and only to find out that it was once again a false alarm.

It was common knowledge that we had been trying to conceive since our honeymoon but so far six months into our marriage still no signs of a baby.

He kept on telling me that it was okay-- that maybe it wasn't yet the right time for us to add another member to our family but deep inside he was eager.

Sometimes, I felt the pressure on me. What if the problem was with my body? I already stopped using contraceptives weeks before our wedding. It made me wonder sometimes that maybe those pills had harmed my body.

But my doctor assured me that was not the case. She instructed me to have sex with my husband when I was most fertile.

Little did she know that fertile or not Calix was very much into sex day or night. And he was not seducing me to get me pregnant. He was seducing me because according to him whenever he sees me he can't help but get a hard-on erection.

Even if we were already married for six months I still couldn't get used to his blunt words. It still made me blush from head to toe.

"Do you have a meeting at the gallery today?" He asked dragging me out of my reverie.

I looked at him for a long moment before deciding to keep this to myself until I was sure that we were finally expecting. "Yeah," I lied smoothly.

We decided to live in New York since my old boss from the gallery, Mr. Braizen offered me my old job and I couldn't say no since it was my dream job from the start.

Calix had been supportive of my decision. After our disastrous honeymoon in Anguilla that nearly killed my new husband, we flew to New York and went hunting for our new home.

We spent our days, working, decorating our home, and of course, making love. So far, it has been the happiest day of my life. Being loved by Calix Spiridakou had been the best. He is the best husband I could ever wish for.

Now if only the Lord would bless us with a child, I couldn't ask for anything else.

"What about you?" I asked casually. "Do you have work today?"

"Later this afternoon," he answered, putting scrambled eggs and bacon on my plate. "You should eat more since you have a long day ahead of you."

It was on the tip of my tongue that I didn't have an appetite this morning. Even my coffee seemed a bit hard to swallow. But then, I didn't want to get an earful lecture from him for not eating well.

He was now a very sought-after photographer that fashion brands were willing to wait until he was available. I used to tease him that it must be nice to work with the most beautiful women in the world and take their photos.

But he would answer back that for him I am still his favorite subject which would make my heart dance with delight.

"I-I need to go..." I mumbled under my breath as I hastily moved away from the table and ran to the bathroom.