3.

As I exited the bathroom in nothing but my towel I tip toed to my wardrobe. I didn't want Leo to see me dressed in just a towel, what would I tell Alessia?  Your man bought a half dead man to my studio and I stitched him up and then your fiancé saw me semi naked. No thanks.

Luckily I made it to the wardrobe and threw on an oversized tee and shorts. I looked far too casual given what had just happened but I couldn't fathom wearing anything else. "Sofia" Marcos thick voice startled me as I secured the waistband of the shorts. Had he watched me dress? Turning to him, he looked at me curiously. "Sorry, I didn't know you were here" I stammered as he looked from my lips back to my shorts. "Leo kept me updated" he said firmly as I nodded. "I'll send someone over to do a deep clean. And I've sent your assistant home" he said firmly as I gulped. Mary had gone. I was alone with two Italians and a half dead corpse. God I bet Mary would never want to see me again. I didn't want to see me again. I'd just illegally stitched up a man that could die any second. "She seemed ok, if that's what you're worrying about" he offered as I felt anger pulse through me. "Are you shitting me" I said furiously. "You bring a barely breathing man to my home and then question what I'm worrying about. Are you fucking insane" I lost it. "I realise it's not ideal" he sighed blankly, his frustration seemed to lie with me and not the fact someone had been shot. "Not ideal? Not ideal is missing the bus or the food delivery service substituting strawberry's for raspberry's. This is fucking insane Marco. I had to stitch him up for fucks sake" I said as I choked on my words. "I'm well aware of what you had to do, and we're all very grateful" he said calmly as I felt my heartbeat quicken with adrenaline. "I don't care if you're grateful, I don't give a shit. You don't just get to come here and drop this on me. You don't get to just swoon in and ask me to stitch up a dying man. This is fucking ridiculous. If he dies I'll be sent down, complicit with fucking murder" I seethed at him as I flailed my arms around in anger. "No one is getting sent down. Can you just calm down slightly" he said looking infuriated. "How about you stop telling me how to feel." I hissed as Leo came over to us. "And as for you" I roared. "Does Alessia know that you go around trying to get shot" I shouted. "I actively avoid trying to get shot Sofia. It's complicated but yes Alessia does know my line of work, she just didn't want you to be party to it" he said sombrely. "So what's this then, a fucking taste tester" I was livid. I couldn't contain myself. I felt so angry, so taken advantage of. So betrayed.

"She doesn't know. She'll kill me if she knows I bought him to you. But I had to Soph, he would've died by the time I got him home" he looked at me sadly. "He'll probably still die, he needs medical attention" I reminded them. "Our doctor is on the way." Marco said simply. "Brilliant, more men. Why don't you just invite half of Italy over whilst you're at it" I hissed.

"Would you quit it. You're acting like a spoilt brat." Marco scolded as I looked at him gone out. "You sew up one bullet wound and it's like We've ruined your entire life. That's my brother on that table barely breathing" he fumed at me as his eyes ignited. I was speechless. Was I being a brat? Was I being unreasonable. "I need some air" I said marching past them as I ignored Leo calling after me.

Slamming the door Behind me I started walking, soon to realise that I'd left the house in mid September in shorts and a tee with no shoes on. Luckily the green over the road had benches where I could sit and gather my thoughts. Heading over, I tried to avoid everyone to stop the peculiar looks at my attire and found myself sat under a tree rather than on a bench. I felt more sheltered under the branches of the willow, hidden from the hideous world around me.

Dropping my head into my hands I sobbed. I sobbed for the man sprawled on my table, I sobbed for the blood I'd only just washed from my hands, I sobbed at being called selfish and a brat by a man whose brother i potentially just saved. I sobbed because of all the men that take advantage of me, all the men that belittle me. Hated me. I sobbed because it felt like the only human reaction that would help.