47.

As we pulled up by an alley, Luca got out the car and came round to help me out. My feet touched the street sketchily thanks to its cobbled nature. Stilettos and cobbled streets were never best friends. Sensing my unsteadiness, luca gave me his arm, which I seemed to cling to, before he escorted us down the semi lit alleyway.
Halfway down, he stopped, opening a door and letting me inside. Sure it was a place that made pizza, but it was also possibly the smallest restaurant I've ever known. "Luca" the woman said emphatically. "Zia Donna" he smiled warmly at her. "You brought a woman" she smiled warmly at me. "Not just any woman Zia, Sofia" he said proudly as her face swelled with happiness as she pulled me into a hug. "It is so lovely to meet you Sofia" she said as she held me. "You too" I smiled as she let me go. "When your mother had you, I was devastated I couldn't be here" she acknowledged. "You knew mum" I said shakily. "She was my sister Sofia, of course I knew her" Donna laughed at me. "Zia Donna was sent back to Italy when your mum got pregnant. Dad didn't want anyone else to get corrupted by the Di Rossi" Luca explained as my aunt rolled her eyes. "When I came back, it was too late. She was gone" Donna said sadly as I too gulped at the thought. "And no one would let me know you" she sighed. "And yet here we are" I smiled at her as she nodded, a tear coming from her eyes. "You look so much like her" Donna said honestly through her tears, sensing her upset I gently reached for her hand and squeezed it comfortingly. "Thank you dear" she said softly. "And you, for bringing her" she said turning to luca. "Anytime Zia. I think it's about time she was allowed to know her family" luca said as he kissed my forehead softly. "Thank you, are you hungry" Donna asked. "Yes, i was hoping me and Sofia would get to eat on our date but things went a little awry" he told his aunt. "Oh, you are on a date" she said shocked. "And I have been here crying on you" she said turning to me. "Let me to and sort the pizza" she said quickly as she ran out the back.
Turning to Luca I couldn't help but smile. He'd given me my family back. He'd given me himself? His loyalty. He truly was making me happy. "You look beautiful" Luca said raspily as he tucked a stray hair behind my ear. "Thank you. For everything" I said as I reached up to him, placing my lips on his. "Anytime Tesoro" he said as he let his hands fall to my hips, his lips reconnecting with mine. "Thank you for saving us" I said as we stood in the tiny restaurant holding each other. "You know I'll always save you" he said softly as I nodded, fully trusting him. Believing him. He had done everything and more to show me his loyalty. "I know, and I'll always be grateful" I hummed against his lips. "I know, Tesoro. I know." He said as he held me, my head lay on his chest as he wrapped his arms around me, cocooning me protectively.
"You are good to her" Donna's voice came from behind me as I moved from Lucas arms. "He is" I smiled at her as she beamed at me. "I have set you a table on the terrace, come" she ushered as she moved a curtain behind her to reveal a stairway. "This is so cute" I said talking about the restaurant. "It is my slice of home" she answered as she began ascending the stairs. "You own a restaurant in Italy" I asked intrigued. "Si. Three over there. One here" she replied as we kept ascending up the spiral, concrete stairs.
When we finally reached the top, I was almost out of puff. I was clearly remarkably unfit. However it was the view that blew me away. This terrace, on her roof looked over The whole of little Napoli. "I'll leave you to admire it" Donna said amused before leaving us be. "This is stunning" I said in awe as I looked at all the lights around us. "It is" he said not taking his eyes from me. "I meant the view" I chuckled at him. "As did I" he said seriously, still looking directly at me. "Fucking perfection" he said as he came close and wrapped his arms around me. "Where is the house" I asked not able to answer him. "Over here" he said as he dragged me to the edge of the terrace, rose bushes surrounding us as he wrapped one arm over my waist, the other was pointing out at the sky next to my head. "And over here" he said moving his arm. "Is those dreaded gardens we just went to" he said as I looked at the strobe lights dancing in the distance. "Just there is your old house" he said pointing further away. "Will you stay at the house forever" I found myself asking him. "Depends on family Sofia" he chuckled before pointing out other sights in the distance. "How so" I asked as I turned in his arms to face him. "While dad is alive, I could move out. When dad dies, I'll be Capo. Usually you stay at the house then" he explained as I nodded. "Why, do you not like the house" he asked worriedly. "I do, I just. Is it the right place for a child. I mean all the bloody men and late nights" I sighed as he nodded. "It helps prepare you" he said honestly. "Nothing has shocked me, not when I've seen just about every atrocity." He explained as I nodded. "Our child will be so tainted" I sighed looking at my feet. "No Tesoro. They'll be perfect. Your kindness, my brains. They'll be everything and more. To me anyway" he smiled proudly as he lifted my cheek. "As parents it's our job to guide them down the right path" he continued as I nodded. "What if all this is the wrong path" I gulped as he looked at me somewhat sad. "It isn't sweetheart. If it was, it wouldn't have been followed for centuries" he said as he kissed my head softly before footsteps behind us had me pulling out of his arms.

"I have your pizza" Donna smiled warmly at us as she placed a large plate down at the table. "Thank you Zia" Luca said warmly as he led us over, pulling my chair out for me , before tucking me in like a true gent. "Call me if you need" Donna said before going back down the stairs after a nod from Luca. "This is" I said still in awe of the view, the terrace. Everything. "Spectacular" I sighed. "Thank you for bringing me" I said looking at him with a warmth in my stomach. "Anytime. I'm sorry the evening didn't go to plan" he said as he picked up the first slice of pizza. "You weren't to know" I said as I followed suit. "I should've known. I never ever thought he'd be there. I never knew he was even dating anyone. I'd always thought you and him, you know. I didn't ever stop and think he was dating anyone else" Luca said honestly. "He's certainly surprising" I said feeling a little bruised by it. "Sorry, I didn't mean to make you sad" Luca said looking genuinely apologetic. "Not your fault. He's a hard man to understand, I don't think I'll ever understand him. He's so protective of me, yet he does everything in his power to push me away" I sighed with a shrug. "In any-case I don't need him" I added as luca gulped slightly. "I know you love him" he said easily. "I don't. I care for him, I probably lust after him. But it isn't love Luca" I sighed, was I really having a conversation about loving another man whilst on a date? "You care for me" he asked as I nodded. "You know I do. And I think you're handsome too before you ask" I chuckled as he smirked. "Your both very different. But although I don't have a choice. I'd still choose to be here with you luca" I said honestly. His loyalty, his commitment. They were all admirable. They were what I needed. "You always have a choice Sofia" he sighed looking sad. "And I made it" I said firmly. "I could've stayed over there and never pledged loyalty to your family. I could've stayed that day we dropped off Alessia. I could've gone with Marco right after he shot Romero. I chose you. I always choose you" I exasperated. "Tonight just reminds me exactly why." I said as I looked at his eyes with sadness. "He doesn't realise what he's let go" Luca said honestly. "One man's trash is another man's treasure" I rebounded as I picked up another slice of pizza. "You're far from trash, even in Marcos eyes" he countered but I shook my head. "He throws me to one side like I'm nothing Luca. He treats me as he feels. Im not worth enough to him. But that's ok. Because I don't need him. The only person I need is you" I said as I reached for his hand, entwining them. "I need you too" he said honestly. "I know, you need a baby and I'll make you one" I reassured him but he shook his head. "I want a baby, sure. But Sofia, I need more than that. I need you. You make me feel" he said as I finished another slice of pizza. "Come here" he said ushering me over to his side of the bistro table. As I walked over, he sat me on his lap. "You make me better. You make me happy. I don't just want your ovaries, I want you Tesoro. All of you. Baggage and all. And not just till you give birth" he said as he held me on his lap. "I choose you, I'll always choose you" he continued as I nodded. "I only want you. Me you and our family" he said softly as his hands fell on my body. "That's all I want too luca" I said as he planted a passionate kiss on my lips, as rain began to fall slowly around us. "After the wedding, I won't have to see him again. We will be free to just live our lives" I promised luca as the rain began splashing off the floor. "This is like a real movie now" I chuckled pulling away as he let go of me, allowing me to stand. As my feet made contact with the ground, he stood up behind me, his body pressed against mine as he wrapped his arms around me once more. "Dance with me" he rasped in my ear as he began rocking us. There was no music but I could imagine a slow waltz gently flooding around me. "I feel so warm with you in my arms" he said as we continued swaying in the rain. "I love being like this" I responded knowing the feeling was mutual. Luca bought me peace, serenity. Stability.
"One day, we can tell our child about this night" he chuckled as the rain grew heavier. "Getting drenched, shot at and escaping a fashion show" I smirked. "They'll think we're right gangsters" I added as he laughed heartily. "Here" he said as I shivered in his arms, the wetness cooling my body. His jacket was placed over my shoulders instantly, before he pulled us gently over to the stairs. Once undercover, he wrapped me up on his arms again, placing delicate kisses on my lips. "Tonight has been amazing" I purred as he nodded. "It's not over yet Sweetheart" he said gently as he kissed me before leading me back down the stairs.