T H R E E.

~Friday, 19th March 2022~

I packed my bags ready for the weekend in Bahrain

I packed my bags ready for the weekend in Bahrain. It was Lando's first race, even though I was incredibly excited I was as equally as nervous too. It was a dangerous sport and after his crash in Spa, I have always been more nervous when he goes out onto track. Lando flew out a couple days early to do media and some meetings in preparation for the race. I decided to fly out later as those day, as much as I loved being there for Lando, bored the hell out of me.

The first couple months of the year just consisted of me working, I saw Lando a total of 15 days, which was no where near enough. He had to travel back to Woking for a week, for final testing before the season starts, resulting in us having even less time to see each other.

I took a helicopter to the airport, since there's no airport in Monaco, the easiest and quickest way to fly out of there, was to take a helicopter to an airport in Nice then fly out from there. It was annoying especially as I was the biggest fan of flying. Max, Lando's best friend, was also coming to the race, he was meeting me at the airport. Max and I are good mates, I met him the same time I met Lando, we were like the three musketeers.

I walked along the runway towards Max, who got there before me and was on his phone, he noticed me and put his phone away and shouted over the noice of the plane's engine, "You're late, I've been here for 30 minutes!" He had a point, punctuality was never my thing. I mouthed the words sorry as I sprinted up the steps, and apologised as he sat down. The last time I saw Max was New Years so we had tons to talk about and talked for the whole duration of the flight. Which was perfect as it made time go quickly and took my mind of the fact we were currently 10000ft in the air and could fall to our death at any moment.

We went straight to the hotel as soon as we landed. As the taxi pulled up I saw Lando waiting for us at the steps of the hotel. I practically jumped out the car as it was still moving and ran into his arms, he picked me up and squeezed me so hard, it felt like I was about to burst. "I missed you, my love" he whispered in my ears making the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I kissed his cheek and took his hand as we walked to he elevator and up to our room.

I quickly unpacked my bag, with great difficulty as Lando wouldn't keep his hands off me. The room was beautiful, it had a balcony over looking Bahrain, and at night I knew the view would be even more breath taking. There was a massive king sized bed, in the middle of the room, with modern furnishings all around it. When I finally unpacked, I said to Lando I was going for a shower. As I began to undress I felt hands around my waist, "mind if I join you?" His words sent butterfly into my stomach and made my hair stand on edge. I giggled as I got into the shower, ushering him to join me.

———————

It was Saturday, which meant qualifying. Lando had left me sleeping, trying to catch up on some lost sleep due to the overnight flight; to go to the track earlier to talk strategies and look at date. He knew I always found this bit boring but never had the heart to tell him, so he would always sneak off without me knowing so I wouldn't have the chance to offer to go.
I turned over and looked at my phone to see I had a text from Lando, Mila and Max.