F O R T E E N.

I had packed my bags for any location and weather. Packing not only winter jackets but bikinis too. I had no idea where he was taking me. "You ready" lan shouted from the kitchen as I was closing my suitcase. "Yes, coming now" I replied back, my voice filled with excitement and joy. I skipped into the kitchen. "Passports?" I raised my eyebrow, slightly turning my head to the side. "Yes Brontë, I have everything sorted. Trust me" the last words were muffled as he leaned into kiss me, saying the words into my lips. I put my hands the air as an act of surrender, before turning back to the bedroom to get my bags.

I was standing by the door ready to take the bags down, when lando grabbed my hand, shaking his head doing so. "You aren't going to do a thing this holiday" I stepped back away from the bags as I watched lan take them down to the car that was waiting for us. The driver put them in the trunk, as lando opened the door for me. I stepped inside the SUV, the interior dark and clean. Lando made his way to the other side, his hand finding its way to comfortably rest on my upper thigh. I held onto his hand, my thumb gently rubbing the back of his. I watched the views of Monaco through my window, flashes of the sea and little boutiques whizzed past. It was early morning and the city was just starting to wake up.

We pulled up onto the tarmac, the plane's engine already whirling. Our bags were loaded onto the plane, as lando led me up the stairs. I was greeted with a massive cheer from all my friends as I appeared round the corner. Each of them holding a glass of champagne in their hand. A grin reaching from one of my ear to the other, sprawled across my face. I clasped my hand over my mouth in happiness, tears almost welling in my eyes. I went straight to Mila and embraced her. Before turning to the rest of them. Lando had invited Max, Mila, Sol, Kelly and Daniel. I sat down in one of the chairs and looked up to the screen, just above max's head. There, in bold letters, read "Destination : JFK airport". My jaw dropped as I realised I was going to New York. I had only been a handful of times and every time was picture perfect. I turned to lando, "New York?" He laughed as he looked over to Mila, "don't thank me it was Mila's idea". I smiled towards Mila, mouthing Thankyou to her in the process. She shook her head as a way of saying "no need to thank me".

The air hostess offered us a glass of champagne and I happily accepted, an arrangement of snacks were displayed out infront of us. The flight was about 9 hours, I slept for the first 5 hours. Resting my head on Lando's shoulder as he slept up against the window. We were both woken up to Mila and Max joking around, their laughter echoing through the plane. "Sorry, we didn't mean to wake you" max said apologetically. I gave him an unimpressed look before getting up to go to the bathroom. When I returned, lunch had been served. Everyone was sitting down and chatting as they began eating their meals. I smiled at the view of all of my closest friends enjoying each other's company and being here to celebrate my birthday. lando lifted up him arm to wrap around my shoulder as I went to sit down, pulling me in closer to him. He leaned in and softly asked, "you excited" I turned my body to face him, taking a moment before replying, with the biggest smile on my face, "So excited". Using his arm that was wrapped around my neck, he pulled me in for a kiss.

I leaned over Lando's lap as I looked out to the city below, the complete contrast of the lush Central Park compared to the urban skyscrapers took my awe. I could feel lando watching my facial expression as I looked out the window, he replicated the smile on my face as he did so. I learned back and placed either one of my hands on his shoulders, I shook him gently in excitement. I couldn't contain it any longer. This resulted in a subtle laugh to leave his lips as he shook his head. "You are honestly like a little kid sometimes" I sucked my tongue out to amuse the comment he made.