F I F T Y O N E.

Next morning

The sun bathed the enchanting streets of Paris in a warm morning glow as we stepped out into the city, hand in hand. Our first stop was a charming cafe tucked away in a quiet corner, the aroma of freshly baked croissants and rich coffee welcoming us. A visit to haute couture boutiques followed, where we explored the latest collections from renowned fashion houses. I have always enjoyed clothes, but what surprised me was how much Charles enjoyed it and buying nearly as much as me. We then went back to the hotel to get ready for the show. I flew Jamie out to do my makeup as he always made me feel my best and considering this was Charles and mine first official appearance together. I needed to feel my best. Before Jamie arrived we had a quick nap once we were back at the hotel. He nested closer to me, stretching his arm out over me into a cocoon of warmth. The soft rise and fall of his chest embraced me in a serenity of tranquillity. A slight groan escaped our lips as we heard a knock on the door. I wanted to stay like this forever, wrapped in his arms, but knew I couldn't leave Jamie standing out there forever.
'Hi' I said as I hugged Jamie and greeted him.
'I missed you, where have you been'
'Long story' I laughed as we walked into the room. I could see that Jamie was surprised to see Charles there sitting on the bed.
'I understand now,' he said as he began unpacking his things.
'Jamie, this is Charles. Charles, this is Jamie, my make up artist. He always makes me look my best' I said. They exchange a pleasant, polite smile as I walked over to the chair to begin makeup. Charles' eyes were glued to me as I got ready. I kept sneaking smiles at him but I was also in the middle of a massive catch up with Jamie so it made it difficult.

Once we were ready, we went downstairs to the lobby to wait for the car. My nerves were beginning to flutter in my stomach as we stepped into the lift. Subconsciously, I began picking at my fingers as the lift travelled closer to the ground floor. I flinched ever so slightly when I felt Charles grab my hand and hold it in his, squeezing it as I looked up towards him.
'Stop worrying, it will all be okay' he said as he pressed a kiss onto my temple. I smiled weakly, his action did settle my nerves but not enough to be completely carefree. 'You look beautiful ma chérie' now when he said that, that calmed my nerves. There was a certain magic in the way his eyes met mine. I found all the care I was searching for when we had our fight. It was all there, every last piece of it.

Stepping onto the plush carpet beneath my heel, I was instantly met with a world full of anticipation and flashing lights. The evening air crackled with energy and excitement, as the distant murmur of the crowd grew more distinct as we approached the entrance. Normally this brough me so much excitement but I froze. Never once had I frozen on a red carpet. I grew up in the spotlight, I knew how to handle these situations. But this time was different. Warmth had drained from my body as I stood still. Charles was standing behind me and I wanted nothing more than to turn around and go back to the hotel. But when I felt his arm curve around me it felt like a shield against the chaos.
'You ready' he whispered into my ear. As me and Charles met the crowd, his hand in mine, the pulsating beat of the paparazzi's shutter was a rhythm that was not too dissimilar to my own heart beat. My mind went into autopilot and we navigated the red carpet. I took my time pausing occasionally to look over to him and share a smile or exchange a few words admitst the whirlwind of flashes. The more time I spent on the carpet the more comfortable I felt. The entrance was framed by sleek glass doors and as we entered the venture, the noises of exclamations and camera shutter still screamed from behind us. Inside, the venue pulsed with an electric energy, I smiled to faces I knew and greeted those I didn't. I made sure to introduce Charles to anyone I met, and each time their faces lit up in surprise. While I spoke to people, Charles remained close behind, his hand placed carefully at the base of my back. Which was reassuring as it felt like every girl in there was trying to flirt with him. But I wasn't threatened by any of them as his hands remained on me and his attention was on me the entire time.