T H I R T E E N.

I was putting my necklace on infront of the mirror, when Lando came into the bathroom, "ready to go in 10 mins" I nodded as I went to pick up my perfume. He leaned in for his routine kiss, as I got ready. Like always his hand slid round my waist, placing a delicate peck on my temple. Resting there for a moment before looking at me. He didn't need to tell me I looked good, his eyes did just that. I knew this little action he did every time we went out, was him saying just that.

I did look good too. I spent ages getting ready. It was one of those rare days where not only your makeup goes well but your hair too. I was happy. I was wearing a oversized shirt, tucked into a white wrapped skirt. I paired it with gold jewellery and heels.

The restaurant was stunning, it was built into a cave and looked out over the sea below

The restaurant was stunning, it was built into a cave and looked out over the sea below. We arrived late in the night so, the sea was speckled with the reflection of the illuminated city. The gentle sloshing of the waves could be heard as they bashed into the cliff. The candle flickered in the centre of our table as we scanned over the menu's.

I fiddled with the rim of my wine glass as I looked up at lan, his eye softly watching my movements

I fiddled with the rim of my wine glass as I looked up at lan, his eye softly watching my movements. A thin smile forming on his face. The waiter came over and took our order. "How you feeling?" His manner nourishing and soft. "About what?" I flicked my head to the side, leaning closer towards him. "About your birthday" he mimicked my body language, sloping forward. Crossing his arms across his body, I found myself replicated him too. "I feel old". Lan took a second before busting out laughing. Clapping his hands together, like an amused monkey. "Bronte, you're going turning 23, not 70" I scrunched up my face in annoyance, "just wait until you're turning 23, November won't come quick enough" he laughed once again, shaking his head to the side.

His face dropped, turning a pale white. "What" concerned I whipped my head to the direction he was looking. Sitting there, slumped back in the chair, his head falling back in laughter was no other then Charles Leclerc. Silence fell upon both our lips. He was wearing a lose fitting shirt that slightly exposed his chest, I traced his movements as he went to grab his drink off the table. His watch catching the light, causing a bright glare to flash ever so often. He pulled the glass to his lips, taking a swig. His attention fully on the beautiful girl across from him. Her laughter was effortless. My brow lowered, a sudden pain in my fingers. I looked down to see that I had picked them raw. "Bronte?" I snapped up, my jaw still tense. My face softening once I saw Lan troubled expression. "You good?" His attitude prickly. "Of course, why wouldn't I be?" I attempted a feeble smile to satisfy him. Luckily the waiter came over with our food, lightening the mood. We ate in silence, both of us not wanting to mention the awkward tension.

I couldn't help my attention from flickering over to him. Charles must have felt my eyes on him. He turned back, noticing me instantly, my body frozen while I watched him give me a quick wink. Cheeks hot, I returned back to my food. Fortunately, Lan was too busy looking out at the sea to notice. The sea had now became a darkened void, no light could escape. It was hypnotic to look at. Both our minds were now preoccupied looking into this void, to notice Charles walking over. I jumped as I felt his hand rest on my shoulder, tingling my skin where he made contact. "Happy birthday for next week, Brontë" my name hanging in the air, an empty feeling throughout my body. "Thankyou" as I spoke my tongue became tangled up with the words. I looked up at him, eyes wide. I couldn't help myself from looking from his eyes to his lips then back again. I craved the buzz it brought to stomach, the feeling the blood whizzing though your veins. "Um, Charlie we need to go" the unknown girl from before, grabbed his arm as she lead him out the restaurant, her face unimpressed and callous.

Lando's cough snapped me back to reality, the waiter had taken our plates and Lan's desert order, "I got us a chocolate mousse to share" his shoulders slumped, "lan, thats sweet but I don't like chocolate" I tried to laugh to let him know, I knew it was an honest mistake and I appreciated the gesture. "Oh yeah" his expression drained. I sat happily as I watch him finish the dessert. He held out his hand, once he got back from paying. I grabbed it and followed him home.

———————
A/N
Sorry for the short chapter, I'm back at school so will try to publish a new chapter at least every week. This is just a filler and I used it to speed along the plot :)
I hope you are enjoying the story so far, any suggestions will be appreciated.
Happy reading xx