T H I R T Y F O U R.

29th june...

Mila and I had planned for her to come to mine just before we left for the airport. Our flight was at 8 so we had an early start. I set my alarm for four in the morning, but didn't actually get out of bed until half an hour later. I always plan to get to the airport early and have time to chill but sadly that's not me, nor Mila for that matter. That's the best thing about flying private, the plane doesn't leave without you. Whenever we fly commercial, we are the classic pair of sprinting through the airport and arriving at the gate seconds before boarding closes or majority of the time we had missed our plane. I could hear Mila let herself into my apartment and walk to my room. She must have been tired as her footsteps sound like those of an elephant. I brought the duvet over my face as she opened my door, the blinding light from the corridor burning the back of my eyes.
"Why did you get such an early flight" I felt the mattress move as she fell onto the bed, sprawling her arms across me. She had a good point. At the time I didn't mind getting an earlier flight so we had tons of time left in the day to be in london. With our schedules being pretty booked up with the events, I wanted at least one day where it would just be us being in the city with nothing we needed to do, like the old days. But now, having to wake up this early, my plan showed its faults. I groaned as I pulled the duvet of my face,
"Honestly, I'm not too sure now. But we will arrive at 10, so we will have the whole day in london." I watched Mila pick her phone up and look at the time, she turned it round and wiggled the lockscreen at me. I knew she was hinting at the time, I couldn't miss the bright white 4:45, that her phone was staring at me.
"You need to get up, we should leave soon. And you are still in your pyjamas" Mila pulled herself off the bed and walked round to my side. She paused before ripping the duvet of me. The warm bubble I was in popped instantly causing my body to clench up into a ball as I sucked air through my teeth.
"That was mean" I whined as my body became used to the new temperature.
"Your fault for booking such an early flight" she began walking towards my door, "you get ready, ill order us some breakfast" I put my thumb up in agreement, rubbing my eyes as i walked into my closet. I trace my fingers along my clothes, trying to figure out what to wear. I could go comfy but I'm assuming we will go straight to London when we arrive so I need to look presentable. And the paparazzi may be there so need to be prepared for that. But I want to be comfy. It's too early to look presentable. My mind is working too slowly to come to an appropriate answer. Finally after staring at my clothes for a couple minutes, I settled on being comfortable at the airport and on the plane then changing on the plane just before we landed. It would be too dark for any photos to be taken and I will look nice when we land and be able to go straight to the city. I washed my face and brushed my teeth while going over the final checklist in my head. Walking out of my bedroom I picked out a matching black tracksuit from my closet. I paired it with an oversize jacket and my veja trainers. Settling on my Christian Dior tote bag, I packed it with my laptop, book and makeup bag for the plane. As well as packing my clothes for London to change into. Finally I sprayed my perfume and picked up my favourite pair of prada sunglasses. I walked out to the kitchen and placed my bags onto the bags I had already packed the day before with the rest of my clothes. Looking up I could see Mila ordered us a starbucks and was sitting at my island enjoying her coffee. I walked over to her excited to see what she got me, I looked into the bag and to my delight an oat milk latte and egg bites. My favourite breakfast. I blew her a kiss as I took a bite.
"You ready" Mila sat up from her chair and started collecting the last of her things. I looked around nodding.
"I think so. Im positive I have everything"
"Ok let's go then" I stood up from my chair and started to bring my bags down to the car. We were taking a taxi to the airport as neither of our cars could fit the amount of bags we had into their boots. "I also ordered you a pain au chocolat, if you are still hungry" Mila quickled added as she brought down the rest of the bags.
"Awe, thankyou" I posted a photo to my story and got into the car, ready to sleep for the whole journey there.